[SOLVED] New PC Build is not POSTing at all

Jul 7, 2020
These are all new parts for a new PC build.

When I try to POST, nothing on the screen happens, no fans spin at all (not even the CPU fan). The only two things that happen is this:

There's a single click sound somewhere in the system when I press power and on my motherboard on the EZ Debug LED, there's a solid clear white LED that shows up next to the CPU indicator. Nothing else at all happens when I press power.

Motherboard: MSI B365M PRO-VDH
CPU: Core i5-8600K
Cooler: darkFlash Shadow PWM Aluminum CPU Cooler LED Addressable RGB
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold SLI/Crossfire Ready Ultra Quiet 140mm Hydraulic Bearing Smart Zero Fan Full Modular

Haven't tried anything yet since I need to head to work

Solution
From your description it sounds like the power supply is immediately tripping off to prevent damage to the other parts in your system. There could be an electrical short somewhere in your PC, try removing the motherboard from the case and booting your setup outside the case.

Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W has;
Over Voltage Protection
Under Voltage Protection
Over Power Protection
Over Temperature Protection
Over Current Protection
Short Circuit Protection
From your description it sounds like the power supply is immediately tripping off to prevent damage to the other parts in your system. There could be an electrical short somewhere in your PC, try removing the motherboard from the case and booting your setup outside the case.

Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W has;
Over Voltage Protection
Under Voltage Protection
Over Power Protection
Over Temperature Protection
Over Current Protection
Short Circuit Protection

Solution

javi.sau.96

Prominent
Dec 30, 2018
-Check all the motherboard "support screws" are correctly aligned with the motherboard.
-Make sure you removed the extra screws you don't need for your current mobo.
-Make sure cooler backplate is in the correct position.

Those are tipical situations for short circuit.

If Power switch is correctly connected the system should be posting at least for a system check and then power off if something goes wrong with the hardware.