[SOLVED] New PC build. No display, fans not all working.

sublimerule

Reputable
Mar 26, 2015
So I built a new PC. This is the second one I have built, I haven't had this issue before.
It powers on with the button but there is no display using the HDMI slot in either the mobo (ASrock X470 Master SLI), or the GPU (GTX 1660 super).
The mobo has a slow flashing red LED fading in and out.
There are five 4pin sockets for fans on the mobo. CPU fan 1, CPU fan 2, Fan 1, Fan 2, Fan 3.
I can only get a fan to work in Fan 3. Whichever fan I plug into Fan 3 spins.
No other fan slots work
GPU fans spin when power is on.
I can't get the heat sink fan to spin in CPU Fan 1 or CPU Fan 2, and it won't reach the other 3 fan slots.
I can power it on with the button, but I have to switch it off by turning off the PSU, it won't power off by holding the button.

I read it can be a driver issue with the mobo if not all fans are spinning, but I can't get a display to install windows and use the mobo drivers disc

Thanks for reading and thanks for any advice

Solution
The motherboard's video outputs only work with CPU's that have graphics built in, like the 2200g, and 2400g. You can only get a video signal, from your dedicated GPU, with that CPU, regardless of what motherboard you use, as yours lacks integrated graphics. AMD motherboards haven't had a graphics chip on them, since the old 760g chipset.

sublimerule

Reputable
Mar 26, 2015
full system spec? include make and model of the psu
Hi, thanks for speedy reply.

Case: NZXT H510
Mobo: ASrock X470 Master SLI
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700
GPU: Gigabyte 1660 super
HDD: Seagate 2tb
SSD: intel 660p series 512GB
PSU: EVGA 650GQ
Heat Sink: Noctua NH-U12s
RAM: Viper Steel 8GB DDR4 single stick

logainofhades

Titan
First thing to try, is check all your cables, and make sure they are installed correctly, especially for the motherboard, and GPU. Make sure the ram and GPU are fully seated. You will never get an output, using the motherboard, with that CPU. Those only work with an APU, like the 2200g/2400g. As an FYI, if you get it running, you are going to kill your performance, running a single stick of ram, like that. A CMOS reset is something else you can try.

sublimerule

Reputable
Mar 26, 2015
You will never get an output, using the motherboard, with that CPU. Those only work with an APU, like the 2200g/2400g
Can you explain what you mean? Do you mean the CPU is too powerful for the motherboard? I followed logical increments to buy the parts so I didn't expect any sort of compatibility issues.
I have checked and double checked the wiring is sitting how it should be. Power must be going to the GPU because the fans spin on it when I power it on.

logainofhades

Titan
The motherboard's video outputs only work with CPU's that have graphics built in, like the 2200g, and 2400g. You can only get a video signal, from your dedicated GPU, with that CPU, regardless of what motherboard you use, as yours lacks integrated graphics. AMD motherboards haven't had a graphics chip on them, since the old 760g chipset.

Solution