Nov 15, 2020
just got my new pc working after 1 day of tweaking new bios for b550 for ryzen 5 5600x

specs:
Cpu : ryzen 5 5600x stock
motherboard : asrock b550m steel legend
ram : 2x8gb 3600mhz corsair rgb pro
psu : corsair tx750m
gpu : gigabyte g1 gaming gtx 1080

i have just changed my whole system except for the psu and gpu. could not post when assembled it all together. getting 3 beeps and error code cpu and ram. configured the new bios for b550 because somehow i could not post with the factory bios.
tweaked for almost a day and succeeded to finally post when i updated to the newest .52 bios.
got everything working even with the ram xmp to 3600mhz.
have been playing for 2 days with regular games such as: valorant and apex legends with very low temps and normal fps, nothing strange.

this morning i tried to turn on the system like normally i do. system just wont boot, no beep, all rgb lights up, error code of cpu and dram.

ps : power button of the case works only turning on the system, long press does not hard power off the system as usual.

have tried :
  1. removing cmos to reset motherboard to default, doesnt work
  2. using the included cmos reset in the back io came with the motherboard, doesnt work
did all the above with no power whatsoever connected to the motherboard, nothing worked.
3. turning on system without ram, no beeps no boot.

could anyone please suggest what to do, checked motherboard, no leaking or busted caps. brand new motherboard. should i RMA the board?

thanks for the suggestions.

Nov 15, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Which slots are the rams populating on the board? Did you try using one stick of ram? How old is the PSU?

thanks! for the welcome and for the qucik response.
have tried the usual A2 and B2 slots which got the system booted for 2 days before it stopped, and have also tried only 1 stick in A1 and A2. nothing worked, ram only lights up no beep code, error code dram and cpu.

have used this psu for almost 2 years without issues. hooked up this system with corsair hydro h100i and 1 set of 3 LL120 fans. all fans did turn on and with rgb lights up when i turn on the system.

just got my new pc working after 1 day of tweaking new bios for b550 for ryzen 5 5600x

specs:

i have just changed my whole system except for the psu and gpu. could not post when assembled it all together. getting 3 beeps and error code cpu and ram. configured the new bios for b550 because somehow i could not post with the factory bios.
tweaked for almost a day and succeeded to finally post when i updated to the newest .52 bios.
got everything working even with the ram xmp to 3600mhz.
have been playing for 2 days with regular games such as: valorant and apex legends with very low temps and normal fps, nothing strange.

this morning i tried to turn on the system like normally i do. system just wont boot, no beep, all rgb lights up, error code of cpu and dram.

ps : power button of the case works only turning on the system, long press does not hard power off the system as usual.

have tried :
  1. removing cmos to reset motherboard to default, doesnt work
  2. using the included cmos reset in the back io came with the motherboard, doesnt work
did all the above with no power whatsoever connected to the motherboard, nothing worked.
3. turning on system without ram, no beeps no boot.

could anyone please suggest what to do, checked motherboard, no leaking or busted caps. brand new motherboard. should i RMA the board?

Not knowing what changes you made in Bios I can only recommend you clear CMOS or reflash Bios to latest version 1.52. This will bring Bios back to default.
There are no XMP profiles for 3600MHz as that is beyond JDEC standards.

Have just one DIMM module in the slot meant for single channel mode to test.
If the system boots then obtain the SPD values from CPUz and manually enter those values in Bios DRAM timing control.

Nov 15, 2020
Not knowing what changes you made in Bios I can only recommend you clear CMOS or reflash Bios to latest version 1.52. This will bring Bios back to default.
There are no XMP profiles for 3600MHz as that is beyond JDEC standards.

Have just one DIMM module in the slot meant for single channel mode to test.
If the system boots then obtain the SPD values from CPUz and manually enter those values in Bios DRAM timing control.

i could have done that if i were able to get into bios. the system is not able to display, i have tried resetting cmos by removing the battery, jumping the cmos, and by using the clear cmos button. nothing worked. still no display.

motherboard beeped 3 times when it came brand new when using the same components. now mobo only lights up rgb, no post, no beep, no display, only showing dram and cpu error.

Nov 15, 2020
just got my new pc working after 1 day of tweaking new bios for b550 for ryzen 5 5600x.

chronology before i got the system working :
inserted ryzen 5 5600x in b550m steel legend without hooking up bootable device and gpu. beeped 3 times, showing error code of boot and vga. Then connect my ssd and gpu. beeped 3 times as well, this time showing cpu and dram error. hard turning off the system by long pressing the power button. after 3-5 times of starting up, display shows preparing automatic repair, turned of and restarted the system. Got to the asrock logo, got the chance to press delete or f2 to get into bios, updated to newest bios of .52, restarted then finally got the system to boot, worked normally, went to the bios and applied the xmp of 3600mhz on both sticks. Worked normally for 2 days before the system suddenly stopped booting, no beeps, no display, all rgb fans and cpu fans light up and working normally. only showing error code of dram and cpu.

specs:

ps : power button of the case works only for turning on the system, long press does not hard power off the system as it should.
System hooked up with cpu cooler corsair hydro h100i rgb platinum, and 1 set of 3 LL120 fans, all did light up when turning system on, but no display, no beep, only error code dram and cpu.

have tried :
  1. removing cmos [battery] to reset motherboard to default, doesnt work
  2. using the included cmos reset button in the rear I/O of motherboard, doesnt work.
  1. turning on system without ram, no beeps no boot.
  2. put only 1 ram stick still no beep no display
by removing cmos, or jumping, or by pressing the reset cmos button. I suppose the motherboard would reset its settings to factory, meaning the board will beep 3 times like it did before i updated the bios. This time, the motherboard only lights up its rgb and its components, no beep, no display, nothing at all, even with ram removed. only showing CPU and DRAM error.

i just got this board when ryzen zen3 realeased.
literally got here only 3 days ago. assuming the retailer has this board stocked for months, are you sure that might be the problem?
should i just rma the board?

It is a possibility as the battery may be older than the board.
The CMOS battery is only about $4 from any supermarket so it's worth a try. If no go then RMA. Nothing lost.

Nov 15, 2020
It is a possibility as the battery may be older than the board.
The CMOS battery is only about $4 from any supermarket so it's worth a try. If no go then RMA. Nothing lost.

consider if the cmos battery was the problem, would replacing it fix the problem? what exactly this batter does? doesnt it only control time on windows? (i have never read this before, explanation would be very thankful). what about the reset cmos button that is included in the motherboard, located in the rear io?

I'll try to replace the cmos, if it doesnt work then im forced to rma.
thanks for all the help!

consider if the cmos battery was the problem, would replacing it fix the problem? what exactly this batter does? doesnt it only control time on windows? (i have never read this before, explanation would be very thankful). what about the reset cmos button that is included in the motherboard, located in the rear io?

I'll try to replace the cmos, if it doesnt work then im forced to rma.
thanks for all the help!

The CMOS battery is there to power the CMOS semiconductor chip which retains basic I/O information regarding hardware and drivers necessary to boot the system.
Retaining time is just one aspect.
The clear CMOS button on the back of the rear IO panel is a quick and easy way to reset your cmos settings back to default.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2020
The CMOS battery is there to power the CMOS semiconductor chip which retains basic IO information regarding hardware and drivers necessary to boot the system.
Retaining time is just one aspect.

replaced the battery, same issues.
removed the new battery, jumped the pins, pressed the clear cmos button( all without any source of electricity, rgb off)
same issues, rgb on motherboard lights, no beeps, no display, same error codes.
so... rip motherboard?
do you have any idea why power button only works when turning on?
after the system turns on, the button seems to not doing anything anymore

replaced the battery, same issues.
removed the new battery, jumped the pins, pressed the clear cmos button( all without any source of electricity, rgb off)
same issues, rgb on motherboard lights, no beeps, no display, same error codes.
so... rip motherboard?
do you have any idea why power button only works when turning on?
after the system turns on, the button seems to not doing anything anymore

The Bios can get corrupted and without the ability to invoke a second Bios then the Bios chip will need replacing. It can happen during an unsuccessful bios update.
Your power on button may be connected up wrong or the power switch is bad.

Nov 15, 2020
The Bios can get corrupted and without the ability to invoke a second Bios then the Bios chip will need replacing. It can happen during an unsuccessful bios update.
Your power on button may be connected up wrong or the power switch is bad.

well, i have used the system fine within 2 days, and it has shown bios update successful on .52 bios.

for the power button, i have tried using screwdriver replacing the button, still the same. could the motherboard faulty affect this??

Nov 15, 2020
Does a faulty power switch cause your issues. I honestly don't know.
Double check the lead connection to the MB PWR and that it's connected as per your manual.

lastly, before i rma the motherboard, do you personally think it’s the motherboard or do you think other component may cause this? the cpu? ram? psu?

thank you very much for your help!

Nov 15, 2020
I have the same problem, I have been using my pc for over 2months now without any problem but today the display turned off on its own and after I tried restarting only the fans work my keyboard turns on but my mouse doesn't and the power button only turns the pc on holding the power button does nothing.
Specs
Ryzen 5 3600
1660 6gb
16gb ram
B550 mobo
450w corsair cx450 psu

I have tried a lot of methods to try and fix it and nothing seems to work reseated everything cleared cmos removed cmos and tried cleaned dust and ram and tried with only 1 ram, nothing works.
Any help would or advice would be appreciated
Thank you