sherburt1

Prominent
Mar 4, 2022
Hello,

Just refit my old system with new components, but I can't get a display but I do get a 6 short beep code.

Specs are:
CPU: Ryzen 5600g (new)
Cooler: Stock
GPU: Integrated/5600g (new)
RAM: XPG Z1 DDR4 3200MHz (PC4 25600) (new)
Motherboard: ASUS A520M-A (new)
PSU: EVGA - W3 Series 450W ATX 12V/EPS 12V 80 Plus Power Supply - White (new)
HDD: WD Red 1 TB (old)
SSD: Kingston 64GB (old)
Case: Corsair 200r (old)
Also have new peripherals that work with other machines correctly.

Today I installed all the new parts, but when I try to boot I get a 6 short beep code and can't get it to display anything. Fans, lights, etc. all power on. When I researched, I found that 6 beeps means something to do with the keyboard so I tried 2 different keyboards, both of which work with another computer.

Have tried:
Every combo of RAM,
Using 2 different keyboards in different ports
Using another old PSU I had around
Using 2 different discrete graphics cards
Installed everything while grounded with a wriststrap

But everything I do results in 6 short beeps and no display out. Please help, I'm out of ideas! And thank you so much in advance.

Last edited:
Solution
Hi, what do you mean by this? Is the proper BIOS not already installed on the motherboard out of the box? How do you get the proper one installed or where could I find out how to get the proper one installed?

Thanks!
It doesn't appear that your motherboard supports a flashback feature. This means you'll need a 3xxxg CPU in order to boot and flash the proper BIOS. AMD offers(?) a flash support where they'll send you a CPU in order to update and then you send it back. Or take it to a local PC repair shop and they should help you.
Hi, what do you mean by this? Is the proper BIOS not already installed on the motherboard out of the box? How do you get the proper one installed or where could I find out how to get the proper one installed?

Thanks!
It doesn't appear that your motherboard supports a flashback feature. This means you'll need a 3xxxg CPU in order to boot and flash the proper BIOS. AMD offers(?) a flash support where they'll send you a CPU in order to update and then you send it back. Or take it to a local PC repair shop and they should help you.

Solution

sherburt1

Prominent
Mar 4, 2022
Oh wow, just read up on this issue. Didn't realize this was so incredibly common. I don't qualify for the flash support since my mobo is A520 but I'll just grab a different mobo with flashback and return this one. Definitely seems possible this could be it!

Reactions: drivinfast247

TRENDING THREADS