[SOLVED] NIGHTHAWK AC1750 ROUTER SET UP PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2019
I recently bought a nighthawk ac1750 router, when I try to set it up it says Ethernet cables not connected but my modem only has one Ethernet port and I'm using that to connect to my router and my dsl is going into my routers Ethernet port, what am I doing wrong?

Mar 17, 2019
Thank you for your reply, I think I don't have a modem at all i looked at it and it's actually a wifi range extender. I'll post the router I previously had, is this a router and modem in one?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Solution
Mar 17, 2019
Well I bought the ac1750 trying to get faster speeds because some seem to lag I was trying to update to something better because I run so many devices, was this ac1750 not needed for that?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Well I bought the ac1750 trying to get faster speeds because some seem to lag I was trying to update to something better because I run so many devices, was this ac1750 not needed for that?
It may help with better wi-fi speeds, internal to your network, but will do little/nothing regarding the speed of your in-bound service. How many devices do you have connected to your network?

Mar 17, 2019
I have a PS4, 2 Xbox, 3 tablets, 3 phones, fire stick, and a Roku, I recently bought a Bluetooth turtle Beach headset and it had alot of static I read a forum that said all my devices are fighting with each other for signal so I should upgrade my router which was what I was trying to do when I bought the new one

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The BT headset should be on altogether different frequencies, so the static is likely something else.

Didn't you also mention a range extender? If so, that is on the network, as well. I assume PCs and/or laptops, too.

Did you look at the links provided earlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS