[SOLVED] No display after unplugging PCIe power cable from GPU ?

Jul 5, 2021
Help, my pc's not displaying after i unplugged the power cable from the gpu (yes only the cable not the gpu) then turned it on by using the igpu but didn't display anything.
Tried to go back using the gpu display and plugged the power cable back to the gpu then turned it on but same result

Here's my spec
Ryzen 3400G
8x1 2666mhz ram
Gigabyte A320M S2H V2
RX 570
Infinity 500W

Solution
Your video card has access to residual power from your PSU. Whenever working with computer hardware such as the video card, RAM and so on, you should turn off your computer, unplug the power supply power cord then hold down the start button [normally used to power up the computer] for at least 15 seconds to discharge the capacitors in the PSU. Otherwise there is a possibility that you can damage the hardware you are working on.

Remove the video card and see if the iGPU will work then reinstall the RX 570.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to swap that horrible PSU out for a reliably built, 550W PSU in order to power that entire rig. Second, did you disconnect the PCIe connector while the system was shut off or while it was powered? You should remove the discrete GPU in order to initiate the iGPU on the APU.

Reactions: gamingguy69
Jul 5, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to swap that horrible PSU out for a reliably built, 550W PSU in order to power that entire rig. Second, did you disconnect the PCIe connector while the system was shut off or while it was powered? You should remove the discrete GPU in order to initiate the iGPU on the APU.
I disconnected the PCIe connector while the system was shut off

Your video card has access to residual power from your PSU. Whenever working with computer hardware such as the video card, RAM and so on, you should turn off your computer, unplug the power supply power cord then hold down the start button [normally used to power up the computer] for at least 15 seconds to discharge the capacitors in the PSU. Otherwise there is a possibility that you can damage the hardware you are working on.

Solution
Jul 5, 2021

Tried it and worked, thx