[SOLVED] No Ethernet After Windows Reinstall

Mar 17, 2020
The title essentially says it all.

Yesterday, I decided to completely wipe all of my data on all my drives and reinstall Windows 10 to freshen up my computer. The Ethernet was working just fine prior to removing and reinstalling. However, I cannot continue setting up my computer without Internet connection, and Windows isn't letting me connect via Ethernet. I've tried almost every possible "solution" readily available on the Internet to no avail. This includes (and probably doesn't include all):

• Resetting my desktop
  • Resetting the network configuration
  • Running the Windows Trouble Shooter
  • Updating the Ethernet drivers
  • Updating motherboard drivers
  • Various Command Prompt commands, such as ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew (And a lot more I can't remember)
  • Flushing the DNS
  • Restarting the router
  • Changing router ports
  • Testing the cable on a different computer
  • Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 under TCP/IPv4
  • Using Windows to reset the PC and Windows completely

I had previously found that my router was blocking my connection, but upon resolving this, the problem still persisted. For a few various times, Windows stated I had Internet connection, but it would still not let me connect to any webpages. Shortly after, the "No Internet" icon reappeared and I was back to step one. In the Command Prompt, I am able to ping 8.8.8.8 with 4 sent and 4 received. Under Network and Sharing Center, bytes are sent and received. It states IPv4 has "No Internet access" and IPv6 has "No Network access." Currently, running troubleshooter gives back : "Website (www.microsoft.com) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts." Earlier the troubleshooter was stating something along the lines of "Your internet is setup correctly and connected but is having trouble communicating with (www.microsoft.com)." I have had this problem earlier before about a year or so ago, and I faintly remember having to change or do something with a MAC address but that was so long ago I cannot remember what I did.

Here is my information for ipconfig /all for my desktop:
Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : DESKTOP-OTI3PA7
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 1C-1B-0D-C1-2F-F4
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::f881:f6eb:3098:7fc0%4(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.7(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, March 17, 2020 5:39:06 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 5:39:07 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 68950797
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-26-03-26-02-1C-1B-0D-C1-2F-F4
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

I would like to thank anyone in advance if they could offer any assistance at all. If more information is need please let me know and I will provide it.

Solution
In order I would uninstall your Ethernet drivers then shutdown your computer. Turn your modem and router off for 10 seconds and then turn them back on, and while they are powering up, boot up your PC and wait to make sure your modem connects to the internet.
In order I would uninstall your Ethernet drivers then shutdown your computer. Turn your modem and router off for 10 seconds and then turn them back on, and while they are powering up, boot up your PC and wait to make sure your modem connects to the internet.

Solution
Mar 17, 2020
Thank you for your reply. I reset both my router and my modem, and it did not connect on the first try, but after I reset my network settings again I finally have access. Thank you for you help!