Question No output to monitors with Graphics cards plugged in.

May 27, 2019
I have bought the new Gigabyte Z390 gaming SLI motherboard, when i plug in any graphics card into either of the PCIe slots the PC doesn't post at all it just sits there with the fans spinning. Anyone had experience with this.
The PC posts without the cards installed, and is usable with out the cards installed. I have also tried it with a GTX 1080 TI which belongs to a friend and is a confirmed working card still nothing being displayed or assumable posting.

Specs are:
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 gaming SLI
CPU: Intel I7-8700k (no overclock)
GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 970 (Normally there would be 2 in sli but currently im just trying to get it to work with just 1)
RAM: Corsair vengeance 16gb (4 x 4gb sticks)
PSU: EVGA 850 G2 80 plus gold.

Many thanks
Steve

COLGeek

Cybernaut
When you installed the GTX 970 (or friend's GTX 1080 ti), did you also connect the PCIe power connections from the PSU directly to the GPU? Also, did you remove the video connection from the motherboard connector and attach it to the GPU?

In your BIOS, what is the selected/default video adapter device?

Reactions: TJ Hooker
May 27, 2019
When you installed the GTX 970 (or friend's GTX 1080 ti), did you also connect the PCIe power connections from the PSU directly to the GPU? Also, did you remove the video connection from the motherboard connector and attach it to the GPU?

In your BIOS, what is the selected/default video adapter device?
I connected the GPU power cables directly into the cards from the PSU, and i did switch the connection over from the motherboard to the cards (typically after i try to boot though which yielded no results) and the BIOS default Video adapter device is PCIe 1 slot.

May 27, 2019
It would be good to know if the GPUs you have tried do in fact work...(y)
I Have tested both GPUs i own, and they both work. I also recheck the BIOS flash i had done after you mentioned it and it had not taken for some reason, so I re-flashed the updated BIOS and it now works with a single card in so I am troubleshooting getting my SLI back working.

Thank you for your help