[SOLVED] No post after power outage

Jul 17, 2022
Reposting this here in Systems removing old post from Graphics Cards Still need help
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Ryzen 9 3900x
4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4
Gigabyte RTX 2070 super
Corsair RM 750x PSU
PC has been running perfectly for ~2 years.
PC shut down last night from a power outage. This happens once in awhile and has never caused an issue until now.
Tried booting up and all the lights / fans spin up but does not POST (Nothing on monitor, no signal) I cannot power down using the power button on the case, only able to power down by flipping PSU switch off.
Tried some basic troubleshooting:
Tested monitor on other pc - Monitor works
Tried other cables / GPU inputs - No post on any set of cables or any of the ports (1HDMI and 3 DP)
Removed the GPU tried booting through mobo HDMI - No post
Tried removing all the RAM and put only 1 stick at a time in slot 1 - No post
Googled issue then tried removing the CMOS 2032 battery for 30 minutes, holding power button, put everything back and still issue persists - No Post
Updated bios to newest version with G-Flash from a USB the update seemed to work properly but still no post.
The mobo doesnt have a speaker to hear beep codes by default and I don't have one. (Can headphones work?)

I have a hard time believing the 80+ rated PSU allowed any of the hardware to be fried but I have no clue what else could be wrong.
There's no burnt electronic smell on anything and I cleaned out the entire PC and put it back together as it was.

Any help is appreciated thank you.

UPDATES: Got a new motherboard, same model - no changes
Got a mobo speaker - no beeps (indicates cpu / psu dead)
Got a new corsair VS600 to test, still no beeps without GPU / RAM installed - must be the CPU?
Assuming the new board I ordered was not DOA, the CPU is the next and final thing I should need to replace in order to get more info (beeps) to assess RAM/GPU.

Last edited:
Solution
Beeper came today. I get no beeps. It's definitely installed correctly and it works. (Tested in an older PC and it beeps)
I have no extra PSU or CPU to test. Is no beeps a clue at all?
The beeps are generated by the CPU programming a frequency and duration in the platform controller's speaker driver. Assuming the PSU is good enough for POST, which it probably is since the RMx 750 is a pretty good PSU and the computer stays on which means OVP/UVP isn't getting tripped, no beep = dead board or CPU. You already replaced the board, so CPU seems like the next most likely thing.

InvalidError

Titan
At this point, I would suspect a fried motherboard.

The PSU is only responsible for the AC power going into it and DC power coming out. It cannot do anything about auxiliary paths a voltage surge can get in from such as monitor outputs, audio inputs and outputs, LAN, external USB devices with their own power sources, etc. If you want to protect your equipment against surges jumping between devices, all related equipment must share a single local ground point so they all go up/down together and all IO beyond that cluster has to have surge protection grounded to that same point too.

Jul 17, 2022
At this point, I would suspect a fried motherboard.

The PSU is only responsible for the AC power going into it and DC power coming out. It cannot do anything about auxiliary paths a voltage surge can get in from such as monitor outputs, audio inputs and outputs, LAN, external USB devices with their own power sources, etc. If you want to protect your equipment against surges jumping between devices, all related equipment must share a single local ground point so they all go up/down together and all IO beyond that cluster has to have surge protection grounded to that same point too.

Ty for the reply - I suspected this may be the problem so I ordered a new motherboard already and it will arrive tomorrow. I will update this post if the new board solves the problem.
I was hoping the G-Flash process working meant the board was okay but I guess not. Thanks.

InvalidError

Titan
Ty for the reply - I suspected this may be the problem so I ordered a new motherboard already and it will arrive tomorrow. I will update this post if the new board solves the problem.
I was hoping the G-Flash process working meant the board was okay but I guess not. Thanks.
G-flash working only requires that the platform controller that sits between the QPI EEPROM and CPU to provide stand-alone USB flashing capability hasn't died.

Hopefully you won't get the new board only to find out that whatever happened managed to hit the CPU.

Jul 17, 2022
Update: New motherboard arrived. Exact same board (Gigabyte Aorus elite x570)
Problem still persisting. So it's the GPU or the RAM or the CPU or the PSU, or perhaps a combination (I really hate diagnosing hardware issues). Ordered a beep code speaker (or 5) to solve the mystery.

InvalidError

Titan
Update: New motherboard arrived. Exact same board (Gigabyte Aorus elite x570)
Problem still persisting. So it's the GPU or the RAM or the CPU or the PSU, or perhaps a combination (I really hate diagnosing hardware issues). Ordered a beep code speaker (or 5) to solve the mystery.
Well, that sucks.

A beeper is a definitely good thing to have for these times, takes the GPU and memory out of the "is the CPU or MB dead?" question.

Jul 17, 2022
Well, that sucks.

A beeper is a definitely good thing to have for these times, takes the GPU and memory out of the "is the CPU or MB dead?" question.

Beeper came today. I get no beeps. It's definitely installed correctly and it works. (Tested in an older PC and it beeps)

Jul 17, 2022
Motherboard BIOS updated?

Remove graphics card and ram. Should beep.
If still no beeps, then PSU or CPU (since motherboard replaced).

Test with a different PSU first.
Yes bios updated to latest (F37c) through G-Flash on both the original board and the newbox board.
Getting the exact same issues with both boards, with all components, as well as without RAM and GPU. (No post, no beeps, CPU/Case/Board/PSU fans all spin)
PSU is next to be replaced... but I have a bad feeling I'm going to have two of everything by the time I resolve this.
Thank you all for your continued assistance.

InvalidError

Titan
The beeps are generated by the CPU programming a frequency and duration in the platform controller's speaker driver. Assuming the PSU is good enough for POST, which it probably is since the RMx 750 is a pretty good PSU and the computer stays on which means OVP/UVP isn't getting tripped, no beep = dead board or CPU. You already replaced the board, so CPU seems like the next most likely thing.

Solution
Jul 17, 2022
Ty for all your help. Also @SkyNetRising Thank you. My problem is solved with a new CPU. Got a R7 5700G incase the GPU was also dead. Lucky me it was not. Original everything except CPU and its running for a day now just fine.