Apr 1, 2022
Today I switched out my old power cables for new sleeved cables. Somehow my new gpu 2x8pins fits in perfectly in my cpu power and I didn’t realize until later I checked. I tried booting it up without my gpu in, right when I pressed the boot button the whole pc went dark and no more power went through the pc. Then I switched the cable to the correct cpu cables. I have Rog z690-a and Rog lc ii 360, these two can have lighting when the psu is on and while pc is not booted. After my pc went dark, now both of them doesn’t light up and I can’t boot my pc. It seems that my pc is receiving no power or that my motherboard is broken from that.

Full specs:
i5 12600k
Rog lc ii 360
Trident z royal 16x2 3200
Rog z690-a
980 pro 1t
970 eco plus 1t
Msi 3070ti suprim
Corsair rm850x
Tuf 501

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"Today I switched out my old power cables for new sleeved cables" - what was the reason for doing so? What problem or problems (if any) were occuring?

What sleeved cables did you install? Source?

Do you still have the old power cables? If so try putting them back.

Apr 1, 2022
This:

"Today I switched out my old power cables for new sleeved cables" - what was the reason for doing so? What problem or problems (if any) were occuring?

What sleeved cables did you install? Source?

Do you still have the old power cables? If so try putting them back.
I did try, didn’t work

Ralston18

Titan
Try booting into Safe mode.

Try removing the GPU and if supported boot using integrated graphics.

Otherwise, per @rgd1101, the motherboard may indeed have been fried.

Again, what was the reason for installed the sleeved cables?

The Corsair rm850x is a modular PSU and other connecting cables should not be used. The sleeved cables may have had different pin outs.