Carma143

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
Yesterday I put together a PC with the motherboard above and an AMD Threadripper 3970x and Corsair Platinum RGB RAM and 1300W Silverstone ST1300-Ti PSU. I made sure everything is properly seated, triple checked all power connections and ports to the motherboard. The motherboard lights up fully with lights changing colors. The little display continuously loops "ROG Zenith Extreme"

Yet when I turn on the computer with the motherboard's power button, the lights blink for ~50ms, lights return, and nothing happens....no fans spinning, no RAM or GPU lighting up...nothing. My PC display doesn't even wake up. The display on the motherboard still shows the same looping video "ROG Zenith Extreme" and no Q-code/error code. I can successfully update the BIOS with a USB stick and pressing the BIOS button at the back as the video changes to show the BIOS update process. I figure either:

1) PSU is faulty
2)CPU is improperly seated
3)Motherboard is faulty

Any suggestions or experience with this?

Edit: I have tried the PSU with another desktop, and have tried a working PSU with the ASUS ROG motherboard. The Silverstone PSU does produces the same issue with the other PC. What is more insane is the working PSU does not work with my motherboard!

So it appears BOTH my PSU and motherboard are faulty.

Last edited:

Carma143

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
It does not have Q-LED. It has a LCD display to show animations and Q-Codes, but no codes show up.

GPU is a RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra from EVGA.
Correction: The MB does have Q-LEDs, but they never get to the point of even lighting up. Seems the problem must be something before they get power.
I also tried the Probelt with a multimeter and get 0V across.
Just completely disconnected all power plugs on both sides and reconnected them...

Oct 4, 2020
Correction: The MB does have Q-LEDs, but they never get to the point of even lighting up. Seems the problem must be something before they get power.
I also tried the Probelt with a multimeter and get 0V across.
Just completely disconnected all power plugs on both sides and reconnected them...
Hey OP what was the outcome in the end? I woke up this morning to this problem after using the system for almost a year.