Question no signal on motherboard

Rolphcaleb

Commendable
Jun 11, 2019
My pc was working great a couple days ago but then it froze. I couldnt do anything so i turned it off. When i turned it on the monitor would show no signal. I have tested the gpu, memory, and psu. None seem to be the problem. I also noticed that the cpu fan sort of pulses in speed, going for slow to fast then back to slow. I'm lost on what to do.
PC specs:
CPU:x4 phenom 830
GPU: Radeon RX 560
RAM: 8 gb
PSU: dynex dx-400WPS
Motherboard: ASUS factory motherboard, cant find model
Any help would be helpful.

also the tests were using new memory that i knew worked, new psu that works and using on board gpu
It's a very old MB on which capacitors are of old (electrolytic) design which go bad after a while so judging by everything, I'm 99% certain it's the MB at fault. Check if all capacitors have flat tops with an X etched into it. Any bubble or leakage means it's fried. They can be replaced but they may not be main culprit.

Rolphcaleb

Commendable
Jun 11, 2019
It's a very old MB on which capacitors are of old (electrolytic) design which go bad after a while so judging by everything, I'm 99% certain it's the MB at fault. Check if all capacitors have flat tops with an X etched into it. Any bubble or leakage means it's fried. They can be replaced but they may not be main culprit.
Thanks for the quick reply, ill check