Question No signal to monitor with new GPU, no change with the old one

Jul 7, 2021
Hey guys! Today I finally got my RTX3080 TUF OC after 8 months of waiting. BUT when I tried installing it into place and starting my pc up, It only booted into bios. After that I restarted it, but now it keeps saying NO SIGNAL. Then I got worried that my GPU is broken, I changed it to my old one, 1050TI, but it still keeps saying that. I can only boot into bios, and in the bios, it doesnt detect my gpu. What did I do wrong, or what could I do to fix this? I've tried resetting the bios to default settings, nothing happened. I also use only 1 power cable on my GPU, since I lost my other one, but that shouldn't matter because the 1050ti doesn't require a cable, but it still doesn't boot into windows ?

UPDATE My friend lent me a compatible cable for the gpu, now I have 2.

I just did the CMOS reset (i believe) I took out the battery, waited 10 mins, and put it back in, no luck.

Could a BIOS update help with anything?

I have also started hearing this low buzzing noise from my computer somewhere, and it is not coil whine, it like doesnt buzz for a few seconds, then it starts slowly rising up and then falling down (the noise, i mean) and then again a few seconds and it starts, could this be related with my problem?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/DDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

please mention the age of your PSU in your build. I'm assuming you have a PSU problem. Can you recall what BIOS version your platform was on prior to this(thread)?

My friend lent me a compatible cable for the gpu, now I have 2.
Does your friend own the same PSU as you or at the very least owns a PSU with the same pinouts as your unit? If not, then you're only looking to fry your PC's innards or the GPU. Not all PSU's have the same pinouts, inspite of having the same PCIe connection termination on the GPU end.

Take an A4 sheet of paper and then roll it up into a cylinder, hold one end to your ear and with the side panel off from your PC, move the other end like a stethoscope to identify the source of the noise.

Jul 7, 2021
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard: Asus rog strix b550-f gaming wifi
Ram: g skill tridentZ rgb 2x8gb cl16 ddr4 3600mhz
SSD/DDD: some random m.2 maybe kingston?
GPU: Asus 3080 TUF
PSU: Corsair RM750X

Does your friend own the same PSU as you or at the very least owns a PSU with the same pinouts as your unit? If not, then you're only looking to fry your PC's innards or the GPU. Not all PSU's have the same pinouts, inspite of having the same PCIe connection termination on the GPU end.
My friend has actually a 650i, I didn't use the cables for too long, in total maybe like 15-20 mins. If I "fry" my GPU will it start smoking or how do you know if you fried it?

Like I said, I lost the other cable I had, so idk what i should do about this. Is it ok to test the gpu with only 1 cable?

Can I check somehow if my mobo is working or not? Because if i for example broke my PCIE slot wouldn't the other one still work?