None of my recording devices are working, I have tried:

Uninstalling
searching for new drivers
restarting my computer
system restore
updating windows
unplugging and plugging back in
disabling and enabling default device

I am able to hear myself when I check "Listen to this device". I'm just not getting any bars and no one is able to hear me. I know the microphone works because I have tried it on different windows machine and it works just fine so I am being led to believe it might be a windows 10 problem. Is there anything I haven't tried?

Reactions: deedz
May 19, 2018

I had a similar problem, someone on this forum told me to go to Settings > Privacy > Microphone and enable the switch to allow the apps to access it. That worked for me! I believe I was in the same position as you, I felt like I had tried everything. But the sneaky privacy settings were in the way!

Open Microphone properties
Click the Advance tab
Check 'Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device'

Collin Ashbaugh

Reputable
Jul 30, 2015

That didn't do it either :/

May 19, 2018

I had a similar problem, someone on this forum told me to go to Settings > Privacy > Microphone and enable the switch to allow the apps to access it. That worked for me! I believe I was in the same position as you, I felt like I had tried everything. But the sneaky privacy settings were in the way!

Collin Ashbaugh

Reputable
Jul 30, 2015
I had a similar problem, someone on this forum told me to go to Settings > Privacy > Microphone and enable the switch to allow the apps to access it. That worked for me! I believe I was in the same position as you, I felt like I had tried everything. But the sneaky privacy settings were in the way![/quotemsg]

I actually saw a video before this comment but that did exactly it! Thank you so much, you nearly saved me from a complete reinstall of windows 10!

Dec 28, 2019
None of my recording devices are working, I have tried:

Uninstalling
searching for new drivers
restarting my computer
system restore
updating windows
unplugging and plugging back in
disabling and enabling default device

I am able to hear myself when I check "Listen to this device". I'm just not getting any bars and no one is able to hear me. I know the microphone works because I have tried it on different windows machine and it works just fine so I am being led to believe it might be a windows 10 problem. Is there anything I haven't tried?
<<< THANK YOU>>> I WAS AT WITS END>>> >> how could i reset everything and still not have any mics.. Privact setting good one!!! wish i had figured it out before I reboot. Microsoft should refresh to default settings after resetting what a pain.. thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS