Question Nvidia control panel not available??

Jaspreet_816

Reputable
Apr 2, 2017
I am using Zotac RTX 2060

So i was using windows 10 pro and installed latest drivers some months ago. I installed standard game ready drivers from nvidia website. Then i reinstall windows 10 home instead of pro and when i installed same version of drivers it says windows version is not supported. Then i installed drivers through geforce experience and control panel is not installed and i am unable to install it.

Jaspreet_816

Reputable
Apr 2, 2017
make sure it get the latest windows update. then update the gpu driver
Make sure you are installing the Game ready drivers/GRD. Do a manual CLEAN re-install of the GPU drivers, by using this DDU tool. Also, make sure the driver version matches your OS build, 32 bit vs 64 bit. Never use GFE to install the drivers.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
Common issue, I would go through and ensure that your GeForce Experience is updated, then reboot the computer. I get this often, but restart usually fixes it. Also, make sure you update Win10.
So i turn off firewall for a minute and suddenly control panel got installed from windows store and i checked that DCH one was installed and not standard but when i was using windows 10 pro i was using standard and when i reinstall to windows 10 home standard driver setup was not working and geforce experience was downloading DCH drivers. one thing i don't understand is when i install standard drivers i get this error "Standard NVIDIA drivers is not compatible with this version of windows please install geforce experience to automatically download the drivers. " is this error because of Windows home that standard drivers will only work on Pro version or it is caused by any windows update.

BTW My problem is solved but i want to know about it because i am curios and want to learn anything i don't know.