Question Nvidia driver 471.11 crashes almost every game i play. Please help

jicgshaw

Prominent
May 21, 2020
hiya. noob here. i just recently updated my nvidia driver to the latest version (471.11) and almost every game i play have been showing negative effects. tried to roll back to older versions but the issue still persists. i've always kept the driver up to date at all times but this one seems to break everything and i cant revert back to my previous driver setting where everything was perfect. can someone please help.
Issues ive experienced with games:

Apex Legends : at first i kept getting different error messages mid game before crashing to the desktop. some of them includes:
  • 0x887A0005 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED
  • CreateTexture2D Failed to create texture_precomputedshadowtexture with HRESULT 0x887a0005
  • 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG
after trying to roll back to older driver versions using DDU and clean installing, every game lasts around 5-10 minutes before the game completely freezes and crashes my pc. had to force reboot every time since i cant tab out.
Days Gone : cant even make it past the very first cutscene. freezes and crashes just like apex. after tinkering with nvidia driver (rolled back to every previous drivers up to v465.89) made it through a fraction of the tutorial before it freezes again at the same exact spot.
Cyberpunk 2077 : fails to even load into the game. crashes at the initial loading screen. had to force reboot my pc.
COD Warzone : shadows flicker violently in one game. other settings still works fine. had some lags but that was probably due to poor connection.
Horizon Zero Dawn : works perfectly at high setting. at least 2 hours without issues.
AC Odyssey : seemingly unaffected. only tested for a few minutes. ran the game's benchmark and made it to the end without crashing at least.
AC Valhalla : same case as odyssey. benchmark made it to the end without crashing.
at this point im just running games using my previous settings just to see if they crash or run into errors.ive tried using older versions of nvidia drivers including 466.77, 466.47, 466.27, 466.11, 461.92, 461.72, 465.89 and none of them fixes this issue.
here are my pc spec:
  • Gigabyte B450 Aorus M
  • Windows 10 64-bit
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • HyperX DDR4 16gb
  • ZOTAC Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
ive tried inserting my GPU and RAM stick to different slots just in case but results are still the same. CPU-Z and HWMonitor says my components are working as intended. is there any way i can identify if the problem is caused by my hardware or software (graphic driver). please help.

jicgshaw

Prominent
May 21, 2020
I just updated to that driver so Ill try CP2077 and see what happens

Played CP2077 for 30 min and no crash.
Might be something else that is causing your crashes?

can you please share your pc specs and cp2077 settings here. i still cant pin point if the fault is either my software or hardware. if you have any idea on how to identify a faulty piece of hardware, that'd be very helpful.

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
can you please share your pc specs and cp2077 settings here. i still cant pin point if the fault is either my software or hardware. if you have any idea on how to identify a faulty piece of hardware, that'd be very helpful.
PC specs
Gigabyte B550I Pro AX
Ryzen 5900x
Asus Tuf 3080
Corsair Vengeance 2x16gb
Corsair SF750 PSU

CP2077 setting highest settings with DLSS and RT enabled 1080p Vsync off