[SOLVED] Nzxt x63 wont show up in cam

Nov 20, 2020
In NZXT cam my Kraken x63 will not show up in the lighting nor cooling tab, so I went to the internet to find out why. The common solution I found was to uninstall the USB from the "control panel" or "device manager". The issue lies in the fact that this USB will not show up in either (please note the default lighting for the Kraken x is turned on). I have tried plugging the USB cable into other ports on the motherboard (MSI b540 gaming plus max) and using a separate USB cable and plugging it into USB ports on the back of the motherboard and top of the case. the SATA power connector is properly plugged in and I'm pretty lost. the only things I can think of are, my motherboard is not compatible or the cooler is broken, or the cable that came with it is broken if you could offer any solution that would be great. my specs are B450 gaming plus max from MSI, Ryzen 5 3600x, MSI Ventus 3080 3x OC, 32 GB of ddr4 and an NZXT h510 case.

Solution
Or you might need to reinstall Cam. It's decently written software, but it can occasionally glitch. In bios, make sure the usb is turned on at boot, some bios put a hold on the USB ports until windows is fully loaded, and Cam will load With windows start, so might miss the handshake. You can check that by unplugging the mini-USB at the pump with windows running, then hot-plugging it in.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Or you might need to reinstall Cam. It's decently written software, but it can occasionally glitch. In bios, make sure the usb is turned on at boot, some bios put a hold on the USB ports until windows is fully loaded, and Cam will load With windows start, so might miss the handshake. You can check that by unplugging the mini-USB at the pump with windows running, then hot-plugging it in.

Solution
Nov 20, 2020
where do i go in bios to see if it’s turned on at boot