Question Occasional Pixelation Error when viewing movies on TV via USB stick.

Fazalian

Prominent
Jan 13, 2023
After downloading torrents I often copy them(the finished .mp4 file) onto a USB stick. I then put the USB in my TV and view it on there. When doing this I always, with varying frequency get pixelations like seen in the attached image that last for about 10 seconds. When viewing the movie directly on my PC I dont have the problem. Sometimes on the TV during the visible pixelation I get an error message that the file is corrupted or something like that and Im thrown back into the file selection menu on the TV. Rarely this then hinders me from continuing,because if I click on the movie it continues where I last was,and since the error was right where I last was it kicks me right back out with the error message.

Anyways I was wondering if anyone knows how this issue can be fixed.

Thanks in advance!
IMG-20240814-WA0001.thumb.jpg.29f9bd9cc3981e0bb5aff6b9aae9d788.jpg

Since you can view them on your PC I would guess its a buffering problem; your PC buffers more data than your TV. Are these usb sticks the fastest available for the type of usb port on the TV? Perhaps faster usb sticks would help transfer data to the TV faster and eliminate buffering delays.