Sep 5, 2024
Hello guys,

I have been experiencing some issues starting a couple months ago where randomly while gaming i’d get fps drops and input lag that lasted like 0.5 seconds or 1 second at max and it was random. Now it’s moved on to serious input lag in my built in keyboard, especially when playing games. Mouse still works, i can turn around and everything but the input lag gets so bad there’s like a good 10 seconds or more delay before the character does what i press for. Earlier today i was playing resident evil with a controller plugged in, the input lag with keyboard was still there but on top of that i had some insane fps drops, since i was using the controller i was able to move around with no lag tho. Later in the evening, while i was playing league while talking on discord my fps kept going back and forth from 200 to 01 and my whole computer started lagging as well. Only way to stop it was to forcefully turn it off, and when i turned it back on i got the error “cmos checksum is invalid, CMOS reset (502)” which reset the bios to the default configuration. I updated the bios again and it seemed to be doing fine on league. Once i swapped to a more intensive game (overwatch 2) the input lag started again, and in addition my mic would just stop getting picked up. My portrait in discord would light up when i said something (although with lag) but my friends couldn’t hear anything. Could this be all caused by the CMOS’ batter being almost dead? Should I try getting it changed? Or could it be something worse?If you need any information about chips and things please ask, i really really need help.