Question One case fan spinning slower than others

Aug 31, 2022
The back exhaust fan of my pc is slower than the other 5 even though they are all connected to the same fan hub. Also, you have to give it a startup flick to get it to move, kind of like older cars. Any help?

Yup, they're all from the Y4-N6-BW Mesh ATX Gaming Case from Musetex
But after 10 minutes, that one fan stopped spinning

Edit: Now it spins but really slowly

Without more info, I'd assume that is ordinary fan to fan variation, despite their supposedly being identical.

Quality control minimal on a cheap part.

Try to confirm if the fan hub is in any way related to the problem.

Do you get different results if the "bad" fan is attached to another port on the hub?

Does the "bad" fan work OK if attached directly to the motherboard?

Aug 31, 2022
Without more info, I'd assume that is ordinary fan to fan variation, despite their supposedly being identical.

Quality control minimal on a cheap part.

Try to confirm if the fan hub is in any way related to the problem.

Do you get different results if the "bad" fan is attached to another port on the hub?

Does the "bad" fan work OK if attached directly to the motherboard?
The "bad" or "slower" fan is the problem. It spins the same rpm even on other ports on the fan hub and I can't connect it to the motherboard since it's a 5-pin connector and my mobo supports 4 pin.
But I will take it apart and see what's going on

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Warning: "take it apart" may destroy the fan. Fans these days are not made to be disassembled and then re-assembled and still work. Actually getting inside the fan chassis usually means breaking several parts that cannot be re-assembled. You can NOT get at the fan bearings and add oil to them like fans from the 80's and 90's. Exterior cleaning is about the only thing you can do.

All the fans in that case are non-standard in the way they are wired. They are ARGB fans. That is, each fan is TWO devices in one unit - a fan MOTOR, and LIGHTS in the frame. The "standard" way to do that is there are TWO cables from the fan, each for one of these devices, and each with a different connector to plug into different mobo headers. Your fans have ONE cable with a five-hole connector that only fits into the ports of the fan Hub included with the case. IF you can buy an identical fan to use, replacement is easy. But if not, you can buy a "standard" fan and plug it into a MOBO header, not into your Hub. Since this is the rear exhaust fan not normally visible, you could NOT buy one with ARGB lights - get only a standard 4-pin fan and connect to a mobo SYS_FAN or CHA_FAN header to power and control it. IF your mobo has an ARGB header for that lighing type, you could get a standard-design ARGB fan and connect its separate lighting cable to that header, although its display would not be synchronized with the rest of the original fans.

Aug 31, 2022
Warning: "take it apart" may destroy the fan. Fans these days are not made to be disassembled and then re-assembled and still work. Actually getting inside the fan chassis usually means breaking several parts that cannot be re-assembled. You can NOT get at the fan bearings and add oil to them like fans from the 80's and 90's. Exterior cleaning is about the only thing you can do.

All the fans in that case are non-standard in the way they are wired. They are ARGB fans. That is, each fan is TWO devices in one unit - a fan MOTOR, and LIGHTS in the frame. The "standard" way to do that is there are TWO cables from the fan, each for one of these devices, and each with a different connector to plug into different mobo headers. Your fans have ONE cable with a five-hole connector that only fits into the ports of the fan Hub included with the case. IF you can buy an identical fan to use, replacement is easy. But if not, you can buy a "standard" fan and plug it into a MOBO header, not into your Hub. Since this is the rear exhaust fan not normally visible, you could NOT buy one with ARGB lights - get only a standard 4-pin fan and connect to a mobo SYS_FAN or CHA_FAN header to power and control it. IF your mobo has an ARGB header for that lighing type, you could get a standard-design ARGB fan and connect its separate lighting cable to that header, although its display would not be synchronized with the rest of the original fans.
Ok I'll probably just buy a replacement and plug it into my motherboard then