Question One of the capacitor on the motherboard is gone

Aug 14, 2023
Hey all , so i open my case to remove my motherboard and clean it kind of , when i remove it one of the capacitor just dropped , the capacitor was already bent badly but i was using it very normally with my gtx 970 , anyway when i removed everything and put everything back , my pc turn on normally but the main issue was , when the pc turn on after the startup literally , there was an error *B1initializelibrary failed 0xc00000bb*
I searched on google they mentioned that its a bios prpblem, you can change the date and time in bios , but i tried this but didnt work im so confused why this happened suddenly , please i need your help , any suggestion? Thanks so much for the help

Spec: cpu i5 3470
Gtx 970
Motherboard: gigabyte ga-h77-ds3h
Windows 10

kanewolf

Titan
Hey all , so i open my case to remove my motherboard and clean it kind of , when i remove it one of the capacitor just dropped , the capacitor was already bent badly but i was using it very normally with my gtx 970 , anyway when i removed everything and put everything back , my pc turn on normally but the main issue was , when the pc turn on after the startup literally , there was an error *B1initializelibrary failed 0xc00000bb*
I searched on google they mentioned that its a bios prpblem, you can change the date and time in bios , but i tried this but didnt work im so confused why this happened suddenly , please i need your help , any suggestion? Thanks so much for the help

Spec: cpu i5 3470
Gtx 970
Motherboard: gigabyte ga-h77-ds3h
Windows 10
To best communicate your situation, you need to post some pictures of the motherboard and capacitor. Use IMGUR and post links here.

Misgar

Notable
Mar 2, 2023
Quite obviously you need to replace the capacitor with a direct equivalent. From what I can see it's a solid electrolyte capacitor.

I spotted a blown electrolytic capacitor on an old (2004) motherboard last week, so I unsoldered the dead 3300uF 6.3V cap and fitted a new one.

If you're not well versed in the art of working on multi-layer boards with heatsinking ground planes, best to get an expert to repair the board.