[SOLVED] Only 1 core showing in task manager and msconfig. But all showing in device manager.

Jul 21, 2019
I have AMD FX 6300 . I past few days i was getting some error when booting and i would just select default and my pc was performing very slow.
Task manager is showing only 1 core.
My CMOS battery is not depleted and need to be replaced. So, none of my bois BIOS settings remain saved. Could that be the cause. Will replacing it solve my problem.
My motherboard is gigabyte ga-78lmt-s2pt
Can some one tell which cmos battery is compatible with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
task manager only shows one core as the default...you have to right click on the one core graph and select "change graph" to logical processors to see the individual cores.

Ive never heard of a low cmos battery making cpu cores disappear...please come back and let us know if changing the battery brought back the missing cores.

Jul 21, 2019
task manager only shows one core as the default...you have to right click on the one core graph and select "change graph" to logical processors to see the individual cores.
Previously below the graph it showed where it says socket:1 and other things...
logical cores: 3 (i don't remember but it was definitely more then 1)
But know it says only 1.
I am also getting huge fps drops in all games.

Jul 21, 2019
It has the option and it was set to auto and i then changed ot to manual.
But i don't think bios setting are being saved as i also enabled virtualization but it didn't showed in windows.
But when i went back into bios the settings were exactly as i set them to be.
And also setting remained saved as long as my PC is plugged but when unplug and plug it again all setting resets.