Jul 23, 2019
Hey folks,
So I just build my new workstation pc with i9 9980xe and 128 GB ram. It's an workstation pc only for rendering and 3d. But I want some more performance. So is there any safest way to overclock this cpu??
I am using liquid cooling because of this beast cpu.

PS Are those pre overvlocked CPUs worth? If yes then where can I buy one?

PSS sometimes I play games, I mean only cs go, but it doesn't matter because it's in my office so .

Thanks in advance for replies.

Peace!!!

Kastytis

Prominent
Jul 3, 2019
You should be asking this in the overclocking forum section ( https://forums.tomshardware.com/forums/overclocking.4/ ) but I would not overclock it if you care for stability since overclocking your CPU doesn't guarantee stability of your system. Sure you might speed up your process a little but if you have tight deadlines that you are keeping up with then I don't see much of a reason to overclock. You might not get any problems and have better performance for sure but what if your render crashes when you don't have much time left to give the finished project to a customer? Do you want to take that chance?

Jul 23, 2019
You should be asking this in the overclocking forum section ( https://forums.tomshardware.com/forums/overclocking.4/ ) but I would not overclock it if you care for stability since overclocking your CPU doesn't guarantee stability of your system. Sure you might speed up your process a little but if you have tight deadlines that you are keeping up with then I don't see much of a reason to overclock. You might not get any problems and have better performance for sure but what if your render crashes when you don't have much time left to give the finished project to a customer? Do you want to take that chance?
Thanks man for the reply !

But is there any way to boost speed/process?
What would gamers do with i9 9980xe?

Jul 23, 2019
That is a big increase. Look for the overclocking part of the BIOS, and increase the multiplier so that the multiplier × frequency = 4600. You will also have to increase the vcore voltage slightly. What is vcore on at the moment?
What should I do like use my cpu with stock settings ?

Will I be able to achieve turbo boost frequency ?