[SOLVED] Overheating problem, opened the laptop and saw my thermal paste, should i replace it?

Solution
at this point you have to, that thermal paste is to old to make a good bond again. Pull the cpu out off the socket and give it a nice good cleaning along with the cooler. Then you will only need a small dot of paste onto of each chip. While your in there if the laptop has a dedicated GPU i would pull that cooler and re paste it as well.
at this point you have to, that thermal paste is to old to make a good bond again. Pull the cpu out off the socket and give it a nice good cleaning along with the cooler. Then you will only need a small dot of paste onto of each chip. While your in there if the laptop has a dedicated GPU i would pull that cooler and re paste it as well.

Solution

Veinxon

Reputable
Dec 29, 2020

Thank you for your recommendation! I will surely replace the thermal paste as soon as I can. The thermal paste is about 10 years old now i think lol. I don't think my laptop has a dedicated GPU though. Thank you once again.. :)