This sim continues to amaze me, with the attention to detail and great
graphics.

Got in a heavy dogfight today with some zeros, I managed to get 2 of the
bastards in quick succession, however I find myself flying through flying
debris.
And across my front , goes a still spinning prop - prop only, and I barely
avoid hitting hit - had to pull a few g's to miss that puppy.

Oh, and a tip for those that like to use time skip. Do NOT engage time skip
while low and banked, especially sharply banked. You will fly right into the
water during the time skip - found out the hard way - like twice..

Today, for the first time, I had a couple of lock ups while flying. It was
wierd, never happened before. Screen freezes, and audio sound comes in and
out abrutly, over and over - almost a screeching sound. First time my
system has ever locked up.

I reckon it must know of the 64 bit upgrade that is on the way to me !!!

--
Don Burnette

"When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the way
of the man that's doing it."

am

"Don Burnette" <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote in message

> Unless something unexpected comes up, I should have this project complete
> sometime Saturday afternoon/evening.
> I will do benchmarks, and screenshots of before and after.

Please do !!!

TIA

--
Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> This sim continues to amaze me, with the attention to detail and great
> graphics.
>
> Got in a heavy dogfight today with some zeros, I managed to get 2 of the
> bastards in quick succession, however I find myself flying through flying
> debris.
> And across my front , goes a still spinning prop - prop only, and I barely
> avoid hitting hit - had to pull a few g's to miss that puppy.

I had a wow moment when following my leader while he was trying to shoot
something down. I was wondering what was flying past me when I realised it
was his shell casings.

Its the little things.

jp

"rob" <roball@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

> "Don Burnette" <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote in message
> > This sim continues to amaze me, with the attention to detail and great
> > graphics.
> >
> > Got in a heavy dogfight today with some zeros, I managed to get 2 of the
> > bastards in quick succession, however I find myself flying through
flying
> > debris.
> > And across my front , goes a still spinning prop - prop only, and I
barely
> > avoid hitting hit - had to pull a few g's to miss that puppy.
>

> I had a wow moment when following my leader while he was trying to shoot
> something down. I was wondering what was flying past me when I realised
it
> was his shell casings.
>
> Its the little things.

Or in the case of mountains, the big.

am

"JP" <jp@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Or in the case of mountains, the big.

Hill disease has be a problem for aviation since men first flew...

--
Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will

Genie

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2005

> The graphics really are great, aren't they? But I don't get off much flying
> offline. There's just something missing - something that would really grab
> hold of me and not let go. I get a lot of enjoyment out of flying with my
> squad online, though.

dgen?

"Genie" <vnadinicMICHI_OVO@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > The graphics really are great, aren't they? But I don't get off much
flying
> > offline. There's just something missing - something that would really
grab
> > hold of me and not let go. I get a lot of enjoyment out of flying with
my
> > squad online, though.
>
> dgen?

Dgen, DCG, scripted handmade missions - they are all *OK* - but they just
don't reach out and grab me in this game for whatever reason. I don't
really feel like I'm part of a bigger struggle. Now, Falcon 4.0 or Mig
Alley's campaigns just seem more immersive to me.

James

jp

"AM" <SCTUSER@comcast.net> wrote in message

> "JP" <jp@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>

> > Or in the case of mountains, the big.
> >

> Hill disease has be a problem for aviation since men first flew...

Hehe, not like it is in PF.

Weaver

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 22:36:13 -0600, "Don Burnette"
<d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote:

>I received the Lai Lin case , the cpu, heatsink, and power supply today.
>The motherboard should be arriving tomorrow.
>
>Unless something unexpected comes up, I should have this project complete
>sometime Saturday afternoon/evening.
>I will do benchmarks, and screenshots of before and after.

<toggles 'watch thread' followed by 'observe guinea pig'> :)

Something similar happen to me flying IL2. The plane exploded in front of me
and the prop flew off still spinning.