Question Packet loss just on one computer

n9neman

Honorable
Aug 2, 2014
So, really weird issue here. I've been getting bad packet loss while gaming on my desktop for quite some time now. All this time, I assumed it was my ISP's fault, but I'm starting to think i was wrong. I used another laptop in my house to ping to the router to test packet loss, and i get NO packet loss on the laptop while pinging. Not a single packet. I ping from my desktop at the exact same time as my laptop is going, and i see packet loss on my desktop but none on my laptop still. So, I figured, maybe it was my wireless adapter on my desktop. So, I used an old wireless adapter I had lying around to try that instead. Still packet loss. Next step, I thought, maybe its my computer, not the adapters? So I plugged one into my laptop and disabled the laptops internal adapter and made it use that one. No packet loss still. So it can't be the adapter. Im at a complete loss as to what's happening as it seems like its the pc itself doing it somehow and not the adapters or the router.

borris618

Distinguished
May 6, 2013
Not too sure what it could be, but have you tried connecting your pc with a cable?
What about updating your windows/ethernet drivers?
Does your router have some sort of QoS (Quality of Service) that may be limiting the pc? if so turn it off.

n9neman

Honorable
Aug 2, 2014
Im not able to connect my computer by ethernet or I would do it. The people in my house don't want a 30ft long cable wrapping around the house to my room. I tried updating drivers, I'll try looking for qos settings