Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 3, 2021
I recently swapped my Asrock b450m HDV for an Asrock b450m steel legend because the former was faulty. I got to install the Steel Legend perfectly (or so I thought) so I used it for a day and turned it off at night. When I wake up and turn it on again, I get no signal but I know the computer boots because of the sounds of the Windows OS, plus, USB ports were lighted up and working.

I decided to take it to a local technician and he told me that using the mobo with everything connected and outside the case worked (meaning he got signal and tested some games) and that a short with the case was the probable cause. He built it again more carefully and gave it back to me, working perfectly now.

I use it for a day and turn it off at night, when I wake up the next day and turn it back on, the PC has no signal but OS is working fine still. Same problem as before.

The only thing noticeable is that my GPU fans are not spinning, USB ports work, and Bluetooth devices sync.

Have you seen this before? It's so weird since it happens only when I leave it turned off overnight. Do you think there is a problem with my PC Case?
My build:
CPU- AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6 cores, 3.4 GHz
GPU- XFX RX 580 8 GB
RAM- 16 GB DDR4 3000 MHZ dual-channel
Mobo- Asrock b450m Steel Legend.
SSD- 500 GB

I currently in the process of disconnecting everything and clearing CMOS.

I would appreciate it if you could help me with this.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the make and model of your PSU? If the system worked at the technician's place while keeping all components intact, it's possible that you might be suffering from a grounding issue. See if you can disconnect the system from the wall, disconnect all devices from the back and front of the case and the display, then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Reconnect to the wall socket and display + bare minimum peripherals, see if you can get display.

As for your motherboard, what BIOS version are you on?

Jul 3, 2021
Thank you so much for your reply.

This morning I disconnected everything from the mobo, did a reset for CMOS, and reseated RAM and I managed to get a display, the computer worked perfectly and I even played games.
I turned it off and on after a few minutes to check if the problem was solved and it didn't show more display.
I proceeded to disconnect the RAM slots and turn it on and the all the fans were spinning and the computer entered into a boot loop (we are talking without RAM inserted). I added 1 slot and managed to get video again. Proceeded to turn off and on and no video again.

After that, I took the RAM out again and turned the PC without RAM, turned it off and then on but, this time, with my 2 sticks of RAM. Got video, turned it off and on again and no video still after turning it on. So I don't know what to do.

Jul 3, 2021

What is the make and model of your PSU? If the system worked at the technician's place while keeping all components intact, it's possible that you might be suffering from a grounding issue. See if you can disconnect the system from the wall, disconnect all devices from the back and front of the case and the display, then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Reconnect to the wall socket and display + bare minimum peripherals, see if you can get display.

Sorry, I didn't replied directly the first time.

Thank you so much for your reply.

This morning I disconnected everything from the mobo, did a reset for CMOS, and reseated RAM and I managed to get a display, the computer worked perfectly and I even played games.
I turned it off and on after a few minutes to check if the problem was solved and it didn't show more display.
I proceeded to disconnect the RAM slots and turn it on and the all the fans were spinning and the computer entered into a boot loop (we are talking without RAM inserted). I added 1 slot and managed to get video again. Proceeded to turn off and on and no video again.

After that, I took the RAM out again and turned the PC without RAM, turned it off and then on but, this time, with my 2 sticks of RAM. Got video, turned it off and on again and no video still after turning it on. So I don't know what to do.

Jul 3, 2021

My PSU is a Corsair VS550

Jul 3, 2021

My BIOS version is at 3.3.

The tech didn't use my peripherals or hdmi, but the rest is the same.

Also, could this by caused by my mobo being in touch with the case at some point? I mean, I have 3 screws on 3 standoff but the right side is a bit more close to touching the case, without getting to do it completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.