Question PC boots up slower than expected (SSD)

AWindowsUser

Commendable
Jun 21, 2020
Hello,

so I've realized that my PC boots kinda slower than expected considering I have an SSD...

It took 40 seconds to get to the login screen so then I enabled UEFI instead of CSM (if i recall its name correctly) and also changed some hard disk order and it was then at 26 seconds.

In the task manager it says BIOS time is 12.8 and I see some other people have it like 2-3 seconds.
I also removed some unnecessary USB devices like a DVD driver...

So what bothers me is that once I press the power button fans start working but nothing else for 10 seconds, even monitor doesn't turn on... Then after that, the MOBO logo appears for maybe 12 seconds and after 4 seconds, the log in screen appears so:
  • 10 seconds nothing but fans and LED
  • 11-13 seconds MOBO logo and loading screen
  • 4 seconds Windows loading

So in the end I get around 26-27 seconds to the login screen, and my idea is that that 11-13s mobo logo and loading screen is the BIOS time in task manager and then a few seconds for Windows to load, but I don't know what's happening during the first 10 seconds.... I also think AHCI is enabled but not sure if it's up-to-date.

Is there a way to fix this or at least see what's causing that first 10 seconds of nothing loading?

SPECS:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
  • CASE: PHANTEKS ECLIPSE P400 Tempered Glass USB3 ATX
  • SSD: 250GB 2.5" SATA3 3D TLC, 7mm, CRUCIAL MX500
  • RAM: RAM DDR4 16GB Kit (2x 8) PC4-25600 3200MT/s CL16 SR x8 1.35V Crucial BX Sport LT
  • PSU: BE QUIET! STRAIGHT POWER 11 550W (BN281) 80Plus Gold modular ATX
  • HDD (SSHD): ST1000LM014-1EJ164-SSHD
  • MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
  • Windows 10
Thank you!

AWindowsUser

Commendable
Jun 21, 2020
Oh, I see
But do you maybe know what would cause those first 10 seconds where nothing happens except LEDs and fans turning on? And also possibly lowering BIOS time....
Mobo is, as said above, MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

AWindowsUser

Commendable
Jun 21, 2020
Wag.
Look through the bios for a setting something like 'long test or extended test'.

I wasn't able to find a setting like this...
I updated the BIOS and now my BIOS time is 10.1s which isn't that bad I guess but I don't know what happens during the first 10 seconds after powering on the PC.
Now I noticed that the status lights on the mobo turn on the first ~5 seconds for the CPU, then 3-5s for VGA and then 1s for Boot. After that, the BIOS starts loading so that's what delays the BIOS from loading but I'm not sure if there's anyway to turn this off or if should be turn off at all