[SOLVED] PC Component Purchasing Assistance

rafovafo

Honorable
Sep 16, 2017
(just for context I pay everything through a company, thus I don't pay VAT inside the EU)
I am currently finding parts to build myself a new PC from scratch. So far I managed to snag a Ryzen 7 3800x (because the price difference between the 3700x on the same site was 20 euro and I am not counting on the Ryzen 5000 supply) for about 285-90 euro, an ASUS X570 TUF Gaming mobo for 153 euro and a Kingston A2000 SSD for like 35 euro. That puts me at 481 eur aprox with shipping. I plan on getting a 3070 later on if I can get it without VAT for around 450-500 eur, if not I will be looking for the 6700xt or the 3060 ti, depending on the performance. With that in mind, that leaves me with around 200-250 euro for the rest of the parts. I am looking for an HDD with 2TB of storage (I never know which one to get because of reliability and speed for the price), a solid case for performance, I don't care about aesthetics, an aftermarket air cooler and PSU for overclocking, although mostly mild, the base 3.9 GHz seems solid to me. (and if the case needs a fan or 2 that's fine, again no RGB or any aesthetics required just performance). I only game, so yeah, if you could help me find these parts that would be really helpful. Also if you can give me some tips for the already purchased parts and if they were actually a good choice or not that would also help. Also if I missed a part you find critical for the build please tell me.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Yeah all of these sound right up my alley, I managed to find the cooler and HDD easily, however the cases and PSU are a bit more difficult to find for a fair price. Would any ATX mesh case do? For the PSU I guess I would have to do some research as well myself
I think any would do yes. Check out the psu tier list on Linus forums

(just for context I pay everything through a company, thus I don't pay VAT inside the EU)
I am currently finding parts to build myself a new PC from scratch. So far I managed to snag a Ryzen 7 3800x (because the price difference between the 3700x on the same site was 20 euro and I am not counting on the Ryzen 5000 supply) for about 285-90 euro, an ASUS X570 TUF Gaming mobo for 153 euro and a Kingston A2000 SSD for like 35 euro. That puts me at 481 eur aprox with shipping. I plan on getting a 3070 later on if I can get it without VAT for around 450-500 eur, if not I will be looking for the 6700xt or the 3060 ti, depending on the performance. With that in mind, that leaves me with around 200-250 euro for the rest of the parts. I am looking for an HDD with 2TB of storage (I never know which one to get because of reliability and speed for the price), a solid case for performance, I don't care about aesthetics, an aftermarket air cooler and PSU for overclocking, although mostly mild, the base 3.9 GHz seems solid to me. (and if the case needs a fan or 2 that's fine, again no RGB or any aesthetics required just performance). I only game, so yeah, if you could help me find these parts that would be really helpful. Also if you can give me some tips for the already purchased parts and if they were actually a good choice or not that would also help. Also if I missed a part you find critical for the build please tell me.

Thanks in advance!
Hmmm. I believe a Corsair RM650 or equivalent should suffice. RM750 if you wanna do crazy OC 100mhz isn't much i think

For case... Well.... Meshify C maybe. Or Lancool II Mesh performance. It's tight to fit in 250 I suppose, but without tax I don't know. P400A is good too. If you wanna go cheaper, Lancool 215 and Fara R1 are good.

For HDD I usually always go for Seagate Barracuda, they're good price/performance/reliability. WD Blue is good too. They're cheap, and SSDs are better than performance HDDs so...

I don't think you'd need fans (maybe a couple, check the CFM, anything 60 or above is good enough). But you'd probably need a cooler. I don't know with that mild OC, you might not. But an Arctic Freezer 34 Esports duo is a good choice

rafovafo

Honorable
Sep 16, 2017
Hmmm. I believe a Corsair RM650 or equivalent should suffice. RM750 if you wanna do crazy OC 100mhz isn't much i think

For case... Well.... Meshify C maybe. Or Lancool II Mesh performance. It's tight to fit in 250 I suppose, but without tax I don't know. P400A is good too. If you wanna go cheaper, Lancool 215 and Fara R1 are good.

For HDD I usually always go for Seagate Barracuda, they're good price/performance/reliability. WD Blue is good too. They're cheap, and SSDs are better than performance HDDs so...

I don't think you'd need fans (maybe a couple, check the CFM, anything 60 or above is good enough). But you'd probably need a cooler. I don't know with that mild OC, you might not. But an Arctic Freezer 34 Esports duo is a good choice
Yeah all of these sound right up my alley, I managed to find the cooler and HDD easily, however the cases and PSU are a bit more difficult to find for a fair price. Would any ATX mesh case do? For the PSU I guess I would have to do some research as well myself

I think any would do yes. Check out the psu tier list on Linus forums

Solution
BTW, just saying, if you want case recommendations, go to Gamers Nexus on YouTube. He literally has a case awards video a couple times a year

rafovafo

Honorable
Sep 16, 2017
BTW, just saying, if you want case recommendations, go to Gamers Nexus on YouTube. He literally has a case awards video a couple times a year
I managed to find the Bit Force Galaxy ARGB-4 for a solid price. What do you think about it? Has 4 fans included and its mesh so it seemed good to me. I also went for the Corsair CX750F. For the HDD and cooler I went by your options.

I managed to find the Bit Force Galaxy ARGB-4 for a solid price. What do you think about it? Has 4 fans included and its mesh so it seemed good to me. I also went for the Corsair CX750F. For the HDD and cooler I went by your options.
I've never heard of this case company.

I am not sure of the CX750F's quality, but I think it should probably be good. TXM and RM are better, I know that for sure, but I don't know if this is better than the CX gray or not