Sam_B_

Honorable
Jun 6, 2014
Hello,

My pc is crashing very often and I've been trying to understand what is causing the crash but i haven't had much success.
One unusual thing I noticed are the relatively high CPU temps, which range from 45 -60 C idle, but that might be influenced by the fact that the air is really hot here during the summer.
I can attach the minidump files from some of the crashes that happened today.
All help is greatly appreciated,
Thank you.
Dump file 1
Dump file 2

edit: I've been doing some stress testing with prime95 and after just a few seconds my cpu reached 100C and the PC crashed.

Last edited:
Solution
I have debugged the dmp file and you can view the full report here: https://pste.eu/p/iTzV.html
(This also includes system spec)

Summary of findings:
BugCheck 124, {0, ffffde811feae028, bf800000, 124}
Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.

Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: ffffde811feae028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000bf800000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000124, Low order 32-bits of the...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Usually I would debug the dump files, however the WHEA ERROR is a hardware error nearly all of the time.
If Prime95 is causing crashes, you're reaching idle temps of 60, and in seconds the temps reach 100 in prime95, then it's more than likely the CPU overheating.

What CPU and cooler are you using?
Are you running any overclock?
What are your ambient temps?

Sam_B_

Honorable
Jun 6, 2014
Usually I would debug the dump files, however the WHEA ERROR is a hardware error nearly all of the time.
If Prime95 is causing crashes, you're reaching idle temps of 60, and in seconds the temps reach 100 in prime95, then it's more than likely the CPU overheating.

Hello and thank you for your reply.

My cpu cooler is a CAPTAIN 120 EX, I am not running any overclocks and the ambient temps right now are around 35 C.

Sam_B_

Honorable
Jun 6, 2014

ayo bro

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I am debugging the dump file now and will run some info to get some WHEA information.

However I stand by my earlier point, WHEA is a hardware problem nearly all of the time. Very rarely is it drivers.

There is no point moving any further until you verify that you are keeping cool temperatures under load, if you are reaching 100 degrees under heavy load, this would very commonly cause the hardware error.

Reapply thermal paste and reseat the cooler if this hasn't been done in a while.

I will post the report as soon as I am done, but you'll need to eradicate this as the cause first.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I have debugged the dmp file and you can view the full report here: https://pste.eu/p/iTzV.html
(This also includes system spec)

Summary of findings:
BugCheck 124, {0, ffffde811feae028, bf800000, 124}
Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.

Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: ffffde811feae028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000bf800000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000124, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

MODULE_NAME: GenuineIntel
IMAGE_NAME: GenuineIntel

So to consider:
  • You want to verify temperatures under heavy load first, this seems to be the most likely cause.
  • Verify where your RAM modules are installed and ensure these are installed as per your MB manual.
  • What is your PSU make and model?
  • Ensure all drivers are up to date
  • You may want to run a memtest to verify the integrity of your RAM modules.
  • Your BIOS is the latest released version.
  • You may want to reset CMOS to jsut reset all BIOS value to default to verify no firmware settings are causing issues.

I tried to extract WHEA information however it could not return any errors. SO you'll want to verify all of the above, but strong likelihood is hardware error.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS