Question PC crashing while playing intensive games ?

zoberwarth

Reputable
Sep 4, 2018
If you didn't see my last post my pc has been having intermittent crashing issues. I tried reinstalling windows last night which resolved most of the errors however one still persists. Event viewer now spits out "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation" Before the system reboots. No bsod and little to no info. Leaving me with "Bug Check code 292" and some sadness. If anyone has any ideas let me know. Alot of internet searching leads me to believe its a hardware issue however I dont know what else to check.

I have now done:

-Windows reinstall

-latest drivers

-latest stable bios

-latest chipset driver

-Installed WD software all drives Healthy

The best way to get the error to happen is to play MW2 2022. Most of the time I get a crash within an hour. Under regular stress tests the pc runs fine so its not a temperature problem.

Full system
5800x

B550 mobo

32gb Kingston ram (New)

6900xt watercooled

bugcheck 0x124
best to provide the memory dump.

if one is not being created.
failure to create a memory dump could be a power problem or it could be a problem in the storage subsystem.

common software related problems for this would be overclocking software.

Big problem Like I said is that the system is not creating memory dumps

google how to force a windows memory dump using the keyboard, make the registry settings. reboot and force a memory dump to confirm one can be created.

if you want, I can take a quick look at the memory dump of the working system to check for some common problems.

how is the water cooling monitored? if a usb connected device make sure the USB host can not go into low power mode.

zoberwarth

Reputable
Sep 4, 2018
google how to force a windows memory dump using the keyboard, make the registry settings. reboot and force a memory dump to confirm one can be created.

if you want, I can take a quick look at the memory dump of the working system to check for some common problems.

how is the water cooling monitored? if a usb connected device make sure the USB host can not go into low power mode.
I followed this website. https://success.trendmicro.com/dcx/...own the right "CTRL,for disk activity to stop. However the crash on control scroll is missing from regedit

Typical Board Power (Desktop)
300 W
Minimum PSU Recommendation
850 W

750w power supply might cause a brown out when games run. This would trigger the motherboard protection circuits which would reset the cpu and might lead to a bugcheck 0x124
memory dump if produced would show a system uptime of less than 15 seconds in this case.

zoberwarth

Reputable
Sep 4, 2018
Typical Board Power (Desktop)
300 W
Minimum PSU Recommendation
850 W

750w power supply might cause a brown out when games run. This would trigger the motherboard protection circuits which would reset the cpu and might lead to a bugcheck 0x124
memory dump if produced would show a system uptime of less than 15 seconds in this case.
Yeah that makes sense although it is weird its only affecting the system now. Ill look into an 850w. Biggest issue being that it needs to be sfx. Would an 850w gold be okay? Im not seeing bugcheck 0x124 other than the main 292 I only get
BugcheckParameter10x10

Yeah that makes sense although it is weird its only affecting the system now. Ill look into an 850w. Biggest issue being that it needs to be sfx. Would an 850w gold be okay? Im not seeing bugcheck 0x124 other than the main 292 I only get
BugcheckParameter10x10
parameter 1 =0x10 would mean that the error is being reported by a device driver.
this means that I would have to see a memory dump to look at the error report data structure.

mother board power generally resets the cpu and parameter 1 would be set to zero
so I can not say the motherboard reset the cpu. Could just be a bug in a device driver.
Any chance you had a usb device connected to the GPU USB port?

750 w power supply could still be ok, it depend on how it was designed.
(ie how many power rails)

note: bugcheck 292 (reported in decimal)
is bugcheck 0x124 (reported in Hex)
log files tend to report in decimal or even in hex but incorrectly without putting the 0x indicator to indicate that the value is in hex

Last edited:

zoberwarth

Reputable
Sep 4, 2018
parameter 1 =0x10 would mean that the error is being reported by a device driver.
this means that I would have to see a memory dump to look at the error report data structure.

mother board power generally resets the cpu and parameter 1 would be set to zero
so I can not say the motherboard reset the cpu. Could just be a bug in a device driver.
Any chance you had a usb device connected to the GPU USB port?

750 w power supply could still be ok, it depend on how it was designed.
(ie how many power rails)
Any Idea on how to get over the dump problem? This is probably a false positive but I also had some application errors although I dont know how relevant they are the timing does line up however

MessageTextGetCACaps GetCACaps: Not Found {"Message":"The authority \"amd-keyid-907d65e9b562315997dd5ad086b2b7598957b92c.microsoftaik.azure.net\" does not exist."} HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 21:39:11 GMT Content-Length: 121 Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8 X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000;includeSubDomains x-ms-request-id: 50b97aef-5ad2-4874-ac81-3289c92b2c5f

MethodGET(203ms)

StageGetCACaps

ErrorCodeNot found (404). 0x80190194 (-2145844844 HTTP_E_STATUS_NOT_FOUND)

Any Idea on how to get over the dump problem? This is probably a false positive but I also had some application errors although I dont know how relevant they are the timing does line up however

MessageTextGetCACaps GetCACaps: Not Found {"Message":"The authority \"amd-keyid-907d65e9b562315997dd5ad086b2b7598957b92c.microsoftaik.azure.net\" does not exist."} HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 21:39:11 GMT Content-Length: 121 Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8 X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000;includeSubDomains x-ms-request-id: 50b97aef-5ad2-4874-ac81-3289c92b2c5f

MethodGET(203ms)

StageGetCACaps

if you have a usb keyboard, I would plug it into a port directly connected to the motherboard on the back of the machine.
confirm:
  1. 3. If you are using a USB keyboard, you must enable the keyboard-initiated crash in the registry. In the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\kbdhid\Parameters, create a value named CrashOnCtrlScroll, and set it equal to a REG_DWORD value of 0x01.
  2. 4. Reboot your PC
make sure the value is 0x1
(first character is zero not "O")

i would start with a minidump rather than a full dump.
(due to the size of the file)
kernel dumps will include the usb log files if you think this is a usb related issue.

How can I send you the minidump? Google drive says its unreadable meaning I cant upload it.
it is a binary, you can not move the file but you can copy the file to google drive, then share the file for public access and post a link.

the file is in a directory that is owned by "system" you only have read rights to it.
IE you can copy but you can not drag it to another directory. You will have ownership of the copied file. The file is a binary, do not try to read it. you would need a windows debugger to read it.

your cpu was release april 20 2022
your copy of
AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys Thu May 12 23:01:00 2022
this driver overrides the microsoft file mcupdate_AuthenticAMD.dll
your bios has been updated to BIOS Version 2816
BIOS Release Date 01/11/2023

You should remove the amdryzemasterDriver.sys and test with just the BIOS update.
this amd driver provides updates to cpu microcode before the updates are pushed to motherboard vendors and incorporated into the BIOS update. Since you have the bios update you should try and drop the amdryzenmasterdriver (unless you are actually using some feature. if that is the case you should remove the old version and install the new version and retest)

something has modified 3 windows core files.
you need to start cmd.exe as an admin then run
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

then turn off the system virtual memory to delete the pagefile.sys reboot and turn it back on.

system is running some RBG led drivers, this might go thru the USB ports and cause USB ports to be flood with messages. Set the RBG to one unchanging color. to prevent the usb logging system from producing a log of each color change.

old driver running:
WinRing0x64.sys Sat Jul 26 06:29:37 2008

uncommon drivers installed:
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\fiio_usbaudio.sys Wed Dec 1 05:35:42 2021
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\fiio_usbaudioks.sys Wed Dec 1 05:37:00 2021
looks like it is related to Usage Guide of the New FiiO USB DAC Windows Driver-FiiO---BORN FOR MUSIC

zoberwarth

Reputable
Sep 4, 2018
your cpu was release april 20 2022
your copy of
AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys Thu May 12 23:01:00 2022
this driver overrides the microsoft file mcupdate_AuthenticAMD.dll
your bios has been updated to BIOS Version 2816
BIOS Release Date 01/11/2023

You should remove the amdryzemasterDriver.sys and test with just the BIOS update.
this amd driver provides updates to cpu microcode before the updates are pushed to motherboard vendors and incorporated into the BIOS update. Since you have the bios update you should try and drop the amdryzenmasterdriver (unless you are actually using some feature. if that is the case you should remove the old version and install the new version and retest)

something has modified 3 windows core files.
you need to start cmd.exe as an admin then run
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

then turn off the system virtual memory to delete the pagefile.sys reboot and turn it back on.

system is running some RBG led drivers, this might go thru the USB ports and cause USB ports to be flood with messages. Set the RBG to one unchanging color. to prevent the usb logging system from producing a log of each color change.

old driver running:
WinRing0x64.sys Sat Jul 26 06:29:37 2008

uncommon drivers installed:
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\fiio_usbaudio.sys Wed Dec 1 05:35:42 2021
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\fiio_usbaudioks.sys Wed Dec 1 05:37:00 2021
looks like it is related to Usage Guide of the New FiiO USB DAC Windows Driver-FiiO---BORN FOR MUSIC
Ill look into all that tonight and report back tomorrow moring. The Fiio drivers are for an external dac. Hopefully those are fine. Thank you so much for tanking the time to look at everything.

Ill look into all that tonight and report back tomorrow moring. The Fiio drivers are for an external dac. Hopefully those are fine. Thank you so much for tanking the time to look at everything.
I would hold off from changing the psu
since a driver called the bugcheck.
it could be the old ryzen master driver tweaking voltages (overclocking) that caused the problem.

it can be the usb subsystem disrupting the PCI/e bus and messing with the video card.

hard to tell at this point. best to fix what you can then change the memory dump type to kernel
run your game for some time and try to force a kernel memory dump while the system is still running. provide the memory.dmp file and I can take a look at the internal usb logs and look for problems.

zoberwarth

Reputable
Sep 4, 2018
I would hold off from changing the psu
since a driver called the bugcheck.
it could be the old ryzen master driver tweaking voltages (overclocking) that caused the problem.

it can be the usb subsystem disrupting the PCI/e bus and messing with the video card.

hard to tell at this point. best to fix what you can then change the memory dump type to kernel
run your game for some time and try to force a kernel memory dump while the system is still running. provide the memory.dmp file and I can take a look at the internal usb logs and look for problems.
Absolutely. When you say kernel memory dump do you mean using the keyboard shortcut we set up?

MethodGET(203ms)

StageGetCACaps

update chipset drivers, this website has been changed some time ago

zoberwarth

Reputable
Sep 4, 2018
yes, change memory dump type to kernel. reboot, run game until it crashes or use the keyboard to force a dump.
Well the problem gets weirder I removed the ryzen master driver, installed the latest chipset driver, and did the disk tool. After doing the same shakedown test ie MW2 with a chrome tab playing music. I got another crash of the same kind however there are now some added errors. about an hour before the crash "The AMDRyzenMasterDriverV20 service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified." 7 times. Then at the crash the system did the same dump file failure followed by 4 error messages about ryzen master again. Im happy to try the kernel thing during a game. Although Im wondering if there is a more surefire nuclear option. I expected reinstalling windows would fix it so im still confused how a new install has errors. Again I guess thats why you want a game kernel dump. So ill look into that now.

Well the problem gets weirder I removed the ryzen master driver, installed the latest chipset driver, and did the disk tool. After doing the same shakedown test ie MW2 with a chrome tab playing music. I got another crash of the same kind however there are now some added errors. about an hour before the crash "The AMDRyzenMasterDriverV20 service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified." 7 times. Then at the crash the system did the same dump file failure followed by 4 error messages about ryzen master again. Im happy to try the kernel thing during a game. Although Im wondering if there is a more surefire nuclear option. I expected reinstalling windows would fix it so im still confused how a new install has errors. Again I guess thats why you want a game kernel dump. So ill look into that now.
I expect that the ryzen driver is accessed by the ryzen service which would be accessed by a ryzen app to provide overclocking control and setting access.
You would have to run some uninstaller to get it all removed correctly.

a clean install of windows would also work.