[SOLVED] PC cuts off when gaming fans go 100% speed all lights are on but the CPU cooler light is off

Ayoo25

Honorable
May 12, 2014
you know what I think its the CPU cooler fans that go super-speed when the pc cuts off also the light on it go out as well and also everything I skip the first cutscene in assassin's creed odyssey the pc cuts off this is a new pc only 2 days old all new parts I also have a video of what it looks like when it goes out I know my 2080ti works in my other pc as well my temps are also all good
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWNtbxlA1zk

RYZEN 9 3900X
2080TI
32 GB
1TB SSD
MSI b450 tomahawk motherboard
Cooler Master MWE 650 White PSU

Last edited:
Solution
Perhaps the current PSU in use is partially 'browning out' under semi-heavy instantaneous loads from the GPU, which can, in gaming scenarios, induce 150 watt load swings in a fraction of a second..... (I had a system in the late '90s that would brown out/rest/reboot when the 'modular' home's AC kicked on due to fluctuating power)

Is your 2080Ti supplied with a pair of 6+2 power supply inputs directly from the PSU with the correct modular cables, using no $2 Y -adapters/molex-converters, etc...?

(You might try testing with slower RAM speeds until some stability is established, as well)

Is your mainboard's BIOS up to date?

At some point, you might need to try another known good PSU of adequate wattage, which, for a 2080Ti, for which...
Perhaps the current PSU in use is partially 'browning out' under semi-heavy instantaneous loads from the GPU, which can, in gaming scenarios, induce 150 watt load swings in a fraction of a second..... (I had a system in the late '90s that would brown out/rest/reboot when the 'modular' home's AC kicked on due to fluctuating power)

Is your 2080Ti supplied with a pair of 6+2 power supply inputs directly from the PSU with the correct modular cables, using no $2 Y -adapters/molex-converters, etc...?

(You might try testing with slower RAM speeds until some stability is established, as well)

At some point, you might need to try another known good PSU of adequate wattage, which, for a 2080Ti, for which selection of a unit would likely begin at 600-650 watts capacity from a known pedigree. (Not all PSUs are equal) If you try another PSU, be sure to NOT mix any modular cables from one PSU with those of another, they should be kept with appropriate PSUs

Reactions: Ayoo25
Solution

Ayoo25

Honorable
May 12, 2014

At some point, you might need to try another known good PSU of adequate wattage, which, for a 2080Ti, for which selection of a unit would likely begin at 600-650 watts capacity from a known pedigree. (Not all PSUs are equal) If you try another PSU, be sure to NOT mix any modular cables from one PSU with those of another, they should be kept with appropriate PSUs
hi also I forgot to see when I first got he pc up and running every time I had to restart the pc for updates and things it would do the same thing in the video just buy me restarting it for updates I had to hit the reset button just to get it to boot again I fix that by unplugging the power cord from the back for a few mins then I can restart the pc fine and then that's when I got some games on the pc and start playing then boom cuts off every time

Ayoo25

Honorable
May 12, 2014

hi it was the PSU I put an 850 in there all is working now thankyou this was my first build so live and learn for me lol