May 30, 2020
Hi all. I've got problem. Few days ago I was playing game on my PC (Windows 10). And suddenly PC lagged hard and it showed yellow screen (not Window's yellow screen of death) with some artifacts on it. I pushed hard reset button on my PC, restarted, it went through first Windows's logo and then black screen apears and nothing. First I thought it was problem with videocard, but I tried it with another PC and it works fine. Then I reinstall Windows. I can go through all process of installation but then randomly it goes black screen again. And what I noticed that any usb devices stop working when black screen apears (lights on the keyboard stops glow). I can load to boot menu, safe mode or any recovery usb. What could be the problem?

Last edited:
Hi all. I've got problem. Few days ago I was playing game on my PC (Windows 10). And suddenly PC lagged hard and it showed yellow screen (not Window's yellow screen of death) with some artifacts on it. I pushed hard reset button on my PC, restarted, it went through first Windows's logo and then black screen apears and nothing. First I thought it was problem with videocard, but I tried it with another PC and it works fine. Then I reinstall Windows. I can go through all process of installation but then randomly it goes black screen again. And what I noticed that any usb devices stop working when black screen apears (lights on the keyboard stops glow). I can load to boot menu, safe mode or any recovery usb. What could be the problem?
Some details about your PC would be welcome.

May 30, 2020
Yesterday I managed to boot Windows 10 with defaults settings (without any drivers installed). But when I tried (or Windows self) to install video drivers black screen appers again. It's strange 'cos videocard works fine with FHD resolution on another PC.

May 2, 2020
I mean, if the PSU is dead, it shouldnt even boot. It cant be the HDD cause you made it into Windows. I'd say its the GPU, cause of that weird yellow screen with "artifacts". Sounds like a Display error. Borrow a GPU from a friend or buy a GPU, try it and then return it.

A dead PSU won't boot your system obviously but a faulty PSU that degraded so much in 9 years that it cannot give you the power you need anymore. It just dies when it's being used for a while and the GPU crash.

The OP already said the GPU worked in another system.