Question PC doesn't turn on when power button is pressed

Braxton Jensen

Honorable
Apr 6, 2015
Working on a Predator G3-710 computer from a guy I know who is having issues with it. The issue right now is that when the power button is pressed nothing happens, it doesn't turn on and shows no signs of life.

I figured it must be the power supply so I swapped it out with a known good power supply and still it has the same issue.

I tried jump starting it via shorting the power button pins on the motherboard but it still doesn't want to turn on.

Personally out of ideas, anyone have any ideas on what might be the issue/what I can test?

Braxton Jensen

Honorable
Apr 6, 2015
Put your hand near the motherboard and feel if it gets hot while you try to start it and listen for any sound if not the board is possibly bad and has no power
No heat really emits which isn't surprising as it doesn't turn on at all. It doesn't make any sounds either when attempting to power it on. I think it is the motherboard as well but I just want second opinions to make sure that I give a good probably cause to what the issue is.

Also, all cables are plugged in correctly and full connected (for both power supplies tested)

eibelbilly

Proper
May 6, 2020
No heat really emits which isn't surprising as it doesn't turn on at all. It doesn't make any sounds either when attempting to power it on. I think it is the motherboard as well but I just want second opinions to make sure that I give a good probably cause to what the issue is.

Also, all cables are plugged in correctly and full connected (for both power supplies tested)
So try unplugging the SSD or hard drive then start it with only one ram stick and the will it start