Oct 10, 2019
I have a problem concerning my younger brothers PC.

He tried booting up he's pc this morning, but it was just stuck on the "windows 10 startup screen". He noticed that he wasnt able to shut the PC off by holding the power button down even after holding it down for 10-20 seconds. We tried the "restart" button and that seemed to work, but it still got stuck on the "windows 10 startup screen". We then had to shut off the power from behind the pc to look inside it, and nothing seemed off. But now it just doesnt want to boot up anymore... (Yes, we did activate the power after turning it off.)

I've been scavenging the internet to figure out a solution but all the tutorials etc. arent really helpful when they're from 2015-2016, using out-dated computers.
They did say that it could possibly be the "battery" that's at fault, supposedly it should be the size of a Nickel coin. They also said that you should check the cables going from your "power buttons" to your motherboard, and i did, they were all sitting in the motherboard nicely snug.

I am not a very tech savvy person, and frankly i have no idea where i would find that battery in my brothers pc. He has so many components in he's pc, i get frightened just looking at it.

Diddly

Distinguished
try holding down F8 during the boot process to get windows to boot into safe mode. then once in safe mode,you need to check the windows files -> try running "sfc.exe /scannnow" in a command prompt (with admin privileges) - there are plenty of guides out there on how to do this (safe mode + sfc)

Oct 10, 2019
try holding down F8 during the boot process to get windows to boot into safe mode. then once in safe mode,you need to check the windows files -> try running "sfc.exe /scannnow" in a command prompt (with admin privileges) - there are plenty of guides out there on how to do this (safe mode + sfc)
The problem is it doesn start up when we click the power button.. Nothing happens.