Aug 23, 2021
specs: i5 11400f
b560m aorus pro
DARK Zα 8gbx2 3600mhz
gtx 1070

so as the title says my computer wont boot with xmp enabled (the computer stays on with no output on the display). It boots with xmp disabled at 2400mhz ram speeds. I have tried troubleshooting, and actually got it to work at the advertised speeds earlier in the day, and even passed all 4 passes of memtest86, but its happening again now and i really need help to figure out what it is.
What got it to start working the first time was - clearing the cmos, then removing the stick at b2 (keeping only one module at a2 installed) and booting with everything default in the bios and xmp enabled. After it booted successfully, I installed the 2nd module and tried booting which ended up working successfully until now (while making this post).

I should also add another problem i faced when i had the issue the first time - my ethernet adapter was not working and so i gave up on it and decided to diagnose later. however it ended up fixing itself when i booted the pc after a while.

Solution
b560m aorus pro
DARK Zα 8gbx2 3600mhz
gtx 1070

so as the title says my computer wont boot with xmp enabled (the computer stays on with no output on the display). It boots with xmp disabled at 2400mhz ram speeds. I have tried troubleshooting, and actually got it to work at the advertised speeds earlier in the day, and even passed all 4 passes of memtest86, but its happening again now and i really need help to figure out what it is.
What got it to start working the first time was - clearing the cmos, then removing the stick at b2 (keeping only one module at a2 installed) and booting with everything default in the bios and xmp enabled. After it booted successfully, I installed the 2nd module and tried booting which...

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
To know if you have inserted the RAM correctly, look at what Windows reports for total amount of RAM. Ctrl+Shift+Esc, Performance tab, click on Memory. Should list the gigs you have installed .
And for peace of mind, run a memory test on most of your RAM so it hits the 2nd/all of your sticks. Testmem5 (automatically tests all your RAM), HCI Memtest (open new instances, 2500mb per instance. Leave a couple gigs free. Windows tends to need 4-5 gigs).

Aug 23, 2021
To know if you have inserted the RAM correctly, look at what Windows reports for total amount of RAM. Ctrl+Shift+Esc, Performance tab, click on Memory. Should list the gigs you have installed .
And for peace of mind, run a memory test on most of your RAM so it hits the 2nd/all of your sticks. Testmem5 (automatically tests all your RAM), HCI Memtest (open new instances, 2500mb per instance. Leave a couple gigs free. Windows tends to need 4-5 gigs).
the size of the ram always showed correctly. will perform the tests to make sure everything is working fine

b560m aorus pro
DARK Zα 8gbx2 3600mhz
gtx 1070

What got it to start working the first time was - clearing the cmos, then removing the stick at b2 (keeping only one module at a2 installed) and booting with everything default in the bios and xmp enabled. After it booted successfully, I installed the 2nd module and tried booting which ended up working successfully until now (while making this post). -> Did you check the motherboard support page to see if those sticks were tested OK to work with it? (I believe this is the one: https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_b560m-aorus-pro_210802.pdf)

I should also add another problem i faced when i had the issue the first time - my ethernet adapter was not working and so i gave up on it and decided to diagnose later. however it ended up fixing itself when i booted the pc after a while. ->Thats because Windows was probably installing/updating drivers.

Solution
Aug 23, 2021
I doubt it's because the RAM isn't on the QVL. My ram isn't, I don't have any issues. I'd argue that because there is so little ram on the QVLs that most people are running ram that isn't.
maybe it isnt. but the bios or the cpu idk doesnt seem to be accepting of the ram at all times. sometimes resetting the cmos also fixes it and runs fully stable - no errors in any memory tests. I still dont know how to replicate the problem a 100% of the times, last time i did it was by powering off the psu then holding the power button to completely drain the power and then turning it on again. hopefully a bios update in the future fixes it permanently