Oct 16, 2020
The past month my PC has frozen 10 times in the past month, every single time has been whilst watching twitch except once while watching youtube. Never when gaming.

Right before it hard locks, I hear a buzzing sound through my headphones. There is no Blue Screen or a single error code any time and the PC takes like 15 seconds then just reboots normally as nothing happened.

I'm pretty sure it can be absolutely anything, I've seen a lot of people in the past with this issue on different forums but have never seen a concrete fix. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Any other info needed?
The exact PSU make and model would be great. I am not sure what is going on. It seems your problem is with when your computer needs to encode or decode video while you are watching it. That is something traditionally done on the GPU. Since you have a 9900k you also have an iGPU. I am not familiar enough to make an inference on what may be happening. The closest think I could think of would be to try disconnecting the graphics card and run the computer off the iGPU and see if the same crash happens. Could also use DDU to reinstall graphics drivers just in case there is something wrong there. You can also check reliability history and even viewer for errors and warnings 5-10 minutes before the crashing...
The past month my PC has frozen 10 times in the past month, every single time has been whilst watching twitch except once while watching youtube. Never when gaming.

Right before it hard locks, I hear a buzzing sound through my headphones. There is no Blue Screen or a single error code any time and the PC takes like 15 seconds then just reboots normally as nothing happened.

I'm pretty sure it can be absolutely anything, I've seen a lot of people in the past with this issue on different forums but have never seen a concrete fix. Any help would be appreciated.
We need a complete list of the components in this PC, Win10 version number, and PSU age.

Has anything in particular changed in the last month with the usage of the PC?

Does this freezing occur when gaming?

It would seem to me that when you have a hardware accelerated (GPU encoding/decoding video) task your computer crashes.

Oct 16, 2020
Windows 10 Version 20H2 64-Bit
Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042
PSU is 2 years old
Specs: i9-9900K Processor
GPU: Nvidia 2080Ti Strix
RAM: 32 GB G-Skill Trident Z Royal (4x8)
MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI)
Samsung 1 TB SSD
PSU is 850W I believe

Nothing has changed on the PC, drivers are up to date and it has yet to occur while gaming. 9 times whilst watching Twitch and once watching youtube

Any other info needed?

Any other info needed?
The exact PSU make and model would be great. I am not sure what is going on. It seems your problem is with when your computer needs to encode or decode video while you are watching it. That is something traditionally done on the GPU. Since you have a 9900k you also have an iGPU. I am not familiar enough to make an inference on what may be happening. The closest think I could think of would be to try disconnecting the graphics card and run the computer off the iGPU and see if the same crash happens. Could also use DDU to reinstall graphics drivers just in case there is something wrong there. You can also check reliability history and even viewer for errors and warnings 5-10 minutes before the crashing occurs to look for anything suspicious.

Solution