Ragnarok236

Commendable
Apr 11, 2021
Hello,
I hope you are doing well, I come to you because I have different bugs with my PC. These bugs come sometimes together and sometimes one by one.
List of bugs:
  1. The most dangerous one is that, sometimes, when I boot up the PC no fan is working, neither the AIO fans connected to CPU_FAN, so I have to pay a lot of attention when it boots up.
  2. Booting up, RAM or AIO pump leds are not turned on.
  3. NZXT or MSI Dragoncenter not saving the RGB configuration (mb, aio, ram) after reboot.
  4. After shuting down the PC, it restarts (no Windows updates pending).
Do you know where the problem is? I doubt that it's an software problem, maybe a firmware problem with the MSI motherboard or defective?

Updated:

No OC and no graphic card installed. Even if my SSD is at 80% of capacity, i had the same problem when it was at 40%.
I would say that it's offimatic use because for gaming i'm using Geforce now.

My specs:
i5 10600k (used), NZXT Kraken X53 AIO (new)
MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus (used)
G.Skill Trident Z 2 x 8GB, DDR4-3200 (new)
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (at 80% of capacity)
Seasonic FOCUS GX-750 Watts Gold, NZXT H510 (new)
Windows 10

Thank you and best regards!

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)? History of heavy use for gaming, video editing, or bit mining?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. Either one or both may be capturing some related errors.

= = = =

Power down, unplug, and open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Use a bright flashlight to inspect for signs of damage.

Hopefully just something wiggling loose - moves just enough back and forth to cause intermittent problems.

Reactions: CompuGuy71

Ragnarok236

Commendable
Apr 11, 2021
Power down, unplug, and open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Use a bright flashlight to inspect for signs of damage.

Hopefully just something wiggling loose - moves just enough back and forth to cause intermittent problems.

Thank you for your reply, I updated the post and i will check that but I don't think the problem is there. When i built the PC (i worked building PCs) i was very clean and took my time.
What is breaking my mind is that those bugs happens maybe once a week or two, and it's never the same problem or bug. I was thinking that the motherboard is defective.