Question PC monitors turning off after about 10 seconds

andrew24242424

Honorable
Dec 26, 2015
Hey,
I'm having trouble getting my new pc build to boot and stay on. After about 10 seconds the monitors turn off but I can get to the windows login screen and the fans and LEDs stay on. My keyboard and mouse are also useable before the monitors turn off. It does not matter what monitor it is, they will both act the same. It has the same graphics card, ram, cpu and storage as my last build but has new psu, motherboard, cpu cooler, and case. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

Last edited:
Hey,
I'm having trouble getting my new pc build to boot and stay on. After about 10 seconds the monitors turn off but I can get to the windows login screen and the fans and LEDs stay on. My keyboard and mouse are also useable before the monitors turn off. It does not matter what monitor it is, they will both act the same. It has the same graphics card, ram, cpu and storage as my last build but has new psu, motherboard, cpu cooler, and case. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
What's the build I don't know tlwhat you had

And was the build with the new PSU an earlier build with a newer PSU installed, and, if so, were all modular cables swapped with it?

Or, between the two builds, is the problematic build trying boot from a completely fresh install, or, are we attempting to move over the SSD with Win10 installation on it, power the new rig up, and hope for the best? (As you said it goes to desktop, this vaguely sounds like a system booting with someone else's mainboard /CPU/GPU drivers, hence the question regarding a fresh install)

Reactions: white.a.drew