arpanmahor

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2015
So my pc stopped working some days ago, pressing power button or sorting the board pins do nothing now, I've faced this same problem last year as well, where it will work normally at the computer shop but wouldn't start at home.
I did lots of digging on this issue last time and found out it was the motherboard, it was under the warranty so i took it to the service centre and shared my issue with them and got the board in about a week, but it was same no response when sorted the pins, but worked at the repair shop... So i took the chance and changed the board, which worked.

Now I'm facing the same issue, i took this board to the service centre and it just worked, so i told them about the problem and what happened last time as well and asked them to replace it if possible. They replaced my board and showed me that it was also working, however it didn't start at home (didnt put it in the cabinet). I went to the service centre again this time i brought process ram and psu as well and it worked just like that.. i still insisted to check the board thoroughly, to which they agreed.
I dont understand how is that possible, what is this problem. If anyone has anything on this please share it'll be a great help.

Edit : part list

Amd ryzen 2600
Amd rx570 gpu
32gb ddr4 3200 mhz ram (4sticks)
Asus x570-p motherboard
Antec 550w psu (old)
Evga 750w gold plus psu(new)

Edit :
Just got the motherboard from service centre and its working now, they said they did some kind of test and left it running for 2 days..
Thanks for helping guys

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
No parts list? It'll give viewers something to work with.

Guesses:
1)There's a problem with the wiring in the home. Hire an electrician to examine it. This is not something you'll be able to resolve on your own.
2)The trip back home is a bumpy one, and a heavy gpu is still installed in the motherboard. The weight can damage mobos and the gpu itself.
This one doesn't explain the beginning, where it just stopped working one day, unless the whole PC was transported around that time too.

arpanmahor

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2015

Guesses:
1)There's a problem with the wiring in the home. Hire an electrician to examine it. This is not something you'll be able to resolve on your own.
2)The trip back home is a bumpy one, and a heavy gpu is still installed in the motherboard. The weight can damage mobos and the gpu itself.
This one doesn't explain the beginning, where it just stopped working one day, unless the whole PC was transported around that time too.

Guesses:

Hey thanks for replying, i added parts list.

Yeah I'll get an electrician to check it thanks for the suggestion.
I understand that the trip might be bumpy but its still hard to understand why would it just start at the shop without doing anything and wont work at home.
Ive also taken motherboard ram and processor only to the shop as well and it will work just fine there but not at home.
i didnt use it for like 2 days because i was sick and it just stopped working.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I'm just guessing after all.
Did you take any of your peripheral devices with you to the shop when you had them examine it? Something else that came to mind was a short in the contact pins in one of the USB devices. The system would refuse to power on from that.

arpanmahor

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2015
I'm just guessing after all.
Did you take any of your peripheral devices with you to the shop when you had them examine it? Something else that came to mind was a short in the contact pins in one of the USB devices. The system would refuse to power on from that.
No I've only taken my pc to the shop, I've tried turning it on with only ram and processor connected to it but it still didn't start at home and worked fine at the shop.