Question PC randomly reboots/restarts during gaming, but cause is uncertain ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2021
Help! My computer will randomly crash during games such as Valorant, Fortnite, GTA V, etc. COD MW can't even startup before restarting my pc after about 13 seconds of clicking the "play" button. I am certain my pc does not overheat and does not have any overclock setting. I have already tried switching out these components: The CPU cooler, the RAM, the GPU, the PSU, the OS and the storage (HDD to NVME SSD). Here are my parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hvFPrr.

My pc also, rarely, freezes while it's idle. These are the only symptoms. Other games like Minecraft, NBA 2k21, Rocket League, Raft, etc. run completely fine without any interruptions at all. They could go on for days. The only things I haven't tested are the MOBO, the CPU and the case (wires, etc.). Please lmk if you need any more information. Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

While idle, check and see if your SSD is pending any firmware updates. You should also check and see if you have the NVMe drivers installed for your Samsung SSD. What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? In terms of the PSU, I'd have sourced a higher quality unit. EVGA tend to have hit or miss units in their own high end within their portfolio. As for the OS, what version are you on at the time of writing? (When mentioning switching out parts)Did you replace the parts with the same parts or with different brands?

Jul 1, 2021
Ok, I updated the drivers to my NVME. My bios is the ROG Strix 2.20.1271 . I had for my OS the Windows 10 Pro the 20H2 version and the 19042.1052 build. For the parts, I replaced:
CPU Cooler: Stock > Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB
RAM: Switched to the same model, but completely new
GPU: Radeon RX 5600 xt > Radeon HD 7750
PSU: EVGA 600w BQ > Corsair TX550M
OS: Reinstalled Windows on a different hard drive (Basically factory reset)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2tb > Samsung NVME SSD 500gb
btw, I dont think the PSU wattage is at fault here because I've heard other people say that much is enough for my kind of build.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.