Question PC stutters for a second then peripherals stop working

justin.orellana01

Honorable
May 19, 2018
Z490 AORUS XTREME
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 10 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)
1863GB Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB
corsair vengeance RBG Pro Ddr4
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti (MSI)
AX850 - 850 Watt 80 plus

Been having this problem for a few weeks now and I have finally given up and decided to ask for help. My pc has been acting weirdly recently with the peripherals where they will lag immensely. My mouse and keyboard will both have their lights on and everything, and also no noises from windows saying they have been disconnected or reconnected, the mouse will work normally for a few seconds, and then it will stop when I'm trying to move it and then it will just stop for a second then work again. The keyboard will have a problem where it will type and then lag for a few seconds and finish the rest of what I typed or it will lag and be stuck on the last keypress I did and will spam it forever until it decides to stop itself or I unplug it, another problem is that sometimes it doesn't even type at all. I have deleted both supported software, got a new keyboard and mouse, and fresh installed windows and the issue persists so I don't know what else I can do at this point. Sometimes it happens with a small stutter and that's how I know it's doomed sometimes it's random.

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
Z490 AORUS XTREME
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 10 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)
1863GB Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB
corsair vengeance RBG Pro Ddr4
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti (MSI)
AX850 - 850 Watt 80 plus

Been having this problem for a few weeks now and I have finally given up and decided to ask for help. My pc has been acting weirdly recently with the peripherals where they will lag immensely. My mouse and keyboard will both have their lights on and everything, and also no noises from windows saying they have been disconnected or reconnected, the mouse will work normally for a few seconds, and then it will stop when I'm trying to move it and then it will just stop for a second then work again. The keyboard will have a problem where it will type and then lag for a few seconds and finish the rest of what I typed or it will lag and be stuck on the last keypress I did and will spam it forever until it decides to stop itself or I unplug it, another problem is that sometimes it doesn't even type at all. I have deleted both supported software, got a new keyboard and mouse, and fresh installed windows and the issue persists so I don't know what else I can do at this point. Sometimes it happens with a small stutter and that's how I know it's doomed sometimes it's random.
What differences do you see in performance monitor when the problem occurs, compared to normal operation?

justin.orellana01

Honorable
May 19, 2018
What differences do you see in performance monitor when the problem occurs, compared to normal operation?
Don't notice any difference, checked the task manager and fps counter and they are both running fine its just the peripherals that start acting weird turning on and back on and lagging. The only way to fix it is with a hard shutdown which sometimes fixes it, never a restart that fixes it though