[SOLVED] Pc turns on but no display?!

Jan 14, 2021
So my pc turns on and the fans and rgb lights all work when turned on but no videos display is shown. I’ve tried resetting all parts to no avail. Also just noticed that two white leds lights from motherboard turn on on top of my ram sticks and a white light appears on theEZ debug led for VGA then turns off? What is the issue that there is no display? Also my motherboard is an MSI MPG Z390 gaming edge AC, my cpu is a i9-9700k and my gpu is a evga GeForce rtx 2070

Solution
try the GPU in a different system if possible

update the BIOS of your motherboard and try using the 2070 again
the wattage is fine for your system but the PSU could be faulty and not deliver enough juice to run the GPU

are you using the cables from this specific PSU or different ones? Check the pins, if some are not connected well.

don´t use the y-cable to connected both connectors to the GPU, try using two seperate PCIe cables
Jan 14, 2021
which power supply are you using?

all power connections connected to the 2070?

Which monitor are you using? How did you connect it to the 2070?

try using the onboard video ports of the motherboard, while the 2070 is unplugged
I’m using a Corsair CX650F RGB with 650w and 80+ bronze rating, everything is connected to gpu; I have tried connecting monitor directly to motherboard and still does not work and my monitor is a 240hz Samsung odyssey. I guess I will try it with the gpu disconnected

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2021
Hey man, I've had the same issue as well once. Fans spinning and RGB all turned on but there was no display. At first I thought it was an issue with the HDMI or graphics card. It's really just the psu/power supply. I mean if you think otherwise don't get a new one but that's just my 2 cents. Remember if you get a new one make sure the wattage matches your specs!

Jan 14, 2021
Hey man, I've had the same issue as well once. Fans spinning and RGB all turned on but there was no display. At first I thought it was an issue with the HDMI or graphics card. It's really just the psu/power supply. I mean if you think otherwise don't get a new one but that's just my 2 cents. Remember if you get a new one make sure the wattage matches your specs!
Oh okay thx yea I was thinking either ram or psu(not enough wattage but wasn’t sure. Gonna try turning on without GPU if not gonna buy a better psu. Thank you

Jan 14, 2021
which power supply are you using?

all power connections connected to the 2070?

Which monitor are you using? How did you connect it to the 2070?

try using the onboard video ports of the motherboard, while the 2070 is unplugged
[/QUOTE]
So I ran it without the gpu and it worked, does that mean that the GPU is dead or faulty or that the psu does not have enough power?

Jan 14, 2021
So I tried it without the gpu connected to mobo (connected to psu) and it worked does that mean the gpu is faulty or that the psu is not good enough?

Jan 13, 2021
This I'm not too sure on really. I apologize, I would say let's test it with installing a different graphics card but that's too much work. Really I'm just not too sure on this one. My best guess is that it's the power supply.

the wattage is fine for your system but the PSU could be faulty and not deliver enough juice to run the GPU

are you using the cables from this specific PSU or different ones? Check the pins, if some are not connected well.

don´t use the y-cable to connected both connectors to the GPU, try using two seperate PCIe cables

Solution
Jan 14, 2021

The gpu works in a separate system will try to find out how to update bios then cause I don’t know how.