Question PC Will only boot to BIOS

Dec 3, 2021
Hey so I’ve had this computer for about 3-4 years now and I’ve never had any issues with it, I have had windows 10 the entire time. And I was playing League of Legends with some friends the other day and when I went to leave the game everything I had open went to not responding, I didn’t think much of it and logged off for the night turning off my computer. The issue comes when the next day I go to turn on my computer and it boots to the BIOS menu, I was thinking no big deal or whatever and tried booting it again via save and exit. It then booted into BIOS again in an infinite loop. I then cleared the cmos pins and battery to restore defaults, and other basic restart methods and nothing worked. So I download the windows 10 media roll onto a flash drive to try and boot windows that way, it would flash the windows logo for about 5 seconds and then go to a grey screen, that is the farthest I have gotten and I’ve tried various methods that I have researched. Any help would be appreciated, thank you :D

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

As for your motherboard, please mention the BIOS version at the time of writing. As for your OS installer, where did you source the installer from? If you're on the latest BIOS version, you should check to see that the primary boot device in BIOS is set to your bootable USB installer.

Side note, include the age of the PSU in your build, apart from it's make and model.

Dec 3, 2021
Oh okay yeah I gotcha
CPU: i5-9400F @ 2.9GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
Ram: 2x 8GB HyperX Fury DDR4
SSD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 3X fans 8GB DDR6
PSU: Corsair RM650x About 3ish years old
Chassis: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 3.1 TG mATX
Monitor: Acer 24” XFA240
BIOS Version: F4
I sourced the OS installer from the create media tool thing on Microsoft

And yeah the primary boot device is the usb installer, but I’m not sure which one to make it because it shows 2 options for the usb installer, the first one is “UEFI Usb etc Partition 1” and the other one is just “General USB” I’ve tried to boot with both of them first and the “General USB” gives me the windows logo for about 5 seconds and then grey screen and the other one gives me an infinite loading screen without ever showing the windows logo.

Dec 3, 2021
UPDATE: Windows will boot if I completely unplug my SSD from the flash drive, otherwise windows won’t boot.
Let me rephrase that, it will boot if I completely unplug my SSD, it will boot from the flash drive that way, but whenever the SSD is plugged in, no matter the boot order it will not boot windows.