Question PC wont boot; been 5 months trying

Feb 11, 2022
Hello, unsure if im doing this right as its my first post here.
My PC hasnt been posting since i built it (5 months ago) and ive tried many things before
Heres a part list :
B550 aorus elite ax v2
Ryzen 5 5600x
RTX 3060TI
16 gb vengance 3600mhz C16 RAM
Kraken Z73 AIO
6 total rgb corsair ql fans
corsair 5000x
RM 750 corsair psu
SYMPTOMS OF MY PC : upon flicking psu, the motherboard flashes white (its rgb strip) and my cooler turns on and then turns straight off
When trying to turn off from the power button however, the system simply just doesnt turn off (yes i have the connections in the right place for the front panel)
Furthermore, when plugging it into display port and hdmi it says "no signal" (on display port it mentions it might be using the wrong display port version but i tried all of them)
my rams also lights up white (it shouldnt do that, its never posted before and it should default to rgb) - the ramalso doesnt light up when i flick the psu on, which i noted in other peoples pc it usually does

EDIT : I have no clue how to add media from my own pc so unsure where to put video clips

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
ive tried many things before

What are all those "many things" that you've tried thus far? Since what i can read, are only two things:
  • trying to power off from power button
  • trying another video output port
And you did breadboard your MoBo, before putting it into the PC case, right?

All-in-all, what you describe, could be dead MoBo, CPU or RAM. Since those three are needed for POST. GPU is optional. And most likely MoBo is the one dead, since in these situations, 80% of the times, it has been MoBo issue.

So, RMA your MoBo and go from there.

Here's also a checklist to do, in situations like yours,
link: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...deo-output-troubleshooting-checklist.1285536/

Feb 11, 2022
What are all those "many things" that you've tried thus far? Since what i can read, are only two things:
  • trying to power off from power button
  • trying another video output port
And you did breadboard your MoBo, before putting it into the PC case, right?

All-in-all, what you describe, could be dead MoBo, CPU or RAM. Since those three are needed for POST. GPU is optional. And most likely MoBo is the one dead, since in these situations, 80% of the times, it has been MoBo issue.

So, RMA your MoBo and go from there.

Here's also a checklist to do, in situations like yours,
link: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...deo-output-troubleshooting-checklist.1285536/
Ok so the things I tried were remove CMOS battery reset CMOS
then i tried unplugging, replugging cables
I replaced my mobo
took out extension cables
removed all, breadboxed
tried to see if cpu pins were bent, none were
went ahead to then see if there were any errors with my ram, checked each dim in each slot, nothing happened

How are all those case fans connected? Try unplugging a few of them.

Actually, do you have the proper BIOS in order to boot a 5xxx CPU? EDIT: Looks like it should boot without an issue.

Do you have the CPU power connected to the top left of motherboard?

Last edited:

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Ok so the things I tried were remove CMOS battery reset CMOS
then i tried unplugging, replugging cables
I replaced my mobo
took out extension cables
removed all, breadboxed
tried to see if cpu pins were bent, none were
went ahead to then see if there were any errors with my ram, checked each dim in each slot, nothing happened

Without 2nd system where to test CPU, RAM and MoBo individually (or replacement components), it's impossible to tell which of the 3 doesn't want to play ball.

Usually, it's dead MoBo, but it can also be RAM issue or dead CPU.

Feb 11, 2022
How are all those case fans connected? Try unplugging a few of them.

Actually, do you have the proper BIOS in order to boot a 5xxx CPU? EDIT: Looks like it should boot without an issue.

Do you have the CPU power connected to the top left of motherboard?
I have all the fans connected to a hub and the cooler connected to the cpu fan header thing. i have no clue where the hub on my corsair 5000x actually goes though, fans spin but very slow and rgb is on.
And I was told my bios should be fine to boot with a 5000 cpu/
furthermore i have cpu power connected top left

Feb 11, 2022
Without 2nd system where to test CPU, RAM and MoBo individually (or replacement components), it's impossible to tell which of the 3 doesn't want to play ball.

Usually, it's dead MoBo, but it can also be RAM issue or dead CPU.
i see, ill have to test
EDIT : i dont think it can be a dead mobo as i just replaced it and i have the same isseus still