Question PC won't give output after enabling secure boot in bios.

Mar 5, 2021
Specs:
Cpu: Core i3 9th gen
Mb: Gigabyte h310m S2 2.0
Ram: 1x 8gb DDR4 hyperx fury stick
Gpu: Gtx 750 Ti ASUS
PSU: Salpido Atx-500w Switching Power Supply

some context

I wanted to upgrade my pc to windows 11, and enabled TPM in the BIOS. Upgraded to win 11, and pc worked fine.

Wanted to play valorant and installed launched the game. It gave a prompt saying i need TPM2. 0 and secure boot enabled in order to play. I checked my TPM version and sure enough it was 2.0.

I googled on how to enable secure boot, went into BIOS, disabled CMS support or smth and went into secure boot settings and made some portable key to get into user mode from setup mode if i remember correctly. I then enabled secure boot and saved and exited the BIOS.

pc stuck in boot loop wont give output to monitor but lights and fans turn on.

I tried removing the CMOS battery for varying times to no avail.

Specs:

some context

I wanted to upgrade my pc to windows 11, and enabled TPM in the BIOS. Upgraded to win 11, and pc worked fine.

Wanted to play valorant and installed launched the game. It gave a prompt saying i need TPM2. 0 and secure boot enabled in order to play. I checked my TPM version and sure enough it was 2.0.

I googled on how to enable secure boot, went into BIOS, disabled CMS support or smth and went into secure boot settings and made some portable key to get into user mode from setup mode if i remember correctly. I then enabled secure boot and saved and exited the BIOS.

Are your Windows installed in UEFI or Legacy/CSM mode ? BOOT disk in GPT ? UEFI and GPT disk are required for all that to work.

Mar 5, 2021
P_20210925_160324.jpg
P_20210925_160242.jpg

Plugged the drive into another PC.
I've got both a GPT drive and a UEFI Windows install.

Sep 28, 2021
Specs:

some context

Hi,
Exact the same problem. Disabled CMS, change key, enable secure boot, save and exit. PC bootup with 5 short beeps and then nothing. Done jumper Cmos clear, no result. Remove the cmos battery, no result. Every component out and in, no result. Before the changes in the bios everything works fine. Each time i start the computer its come with 5 short beeps. Anyone some suggestions? Uefi and GPT both enable.

motherboard: Gigabyte H370M DS3H
CPU: i5
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060
Ram: 4x 8G

Oct 16, 2021
Let me add to this:

I wanted to get win 11 so I ran the pc health check and followed steps to enable tpm 2.0. I did that and got an update for win 11 without enabling secure boot. However, when I tried playing valorant I got an error that said the secure boot was needed so I looked up how to enable that.
My mobo is gigabyte b550m aorus elite. I went to the BIOS and disabled CSM and exited and rebooted my pc. Then again to the bios and enabled secure boot. This is where it goes bad. My system seemed like it booted but I had no display. I did everything from changing displays to cables, nothing worked. I have Ryzen 5 3600 which requires a dedicated GPU if I am not wrong. Lastly, I removed the CMOS and reset the bios. I reverted back to Windows 10 and followed the same procedure, but again the same results. And by drives are already GPT and Windows shows bios as UEFI. GPU is 1660 super.
What am I missing? Please help.

Mine was okay after resetting CMOS because I did like 5 times. I tried again and again and now I am too scared to do more. I think mine worked with CMOS reset because by default my BIOS would have CSM enabled and I guess your BIOS has set the default to Secure Boot Enabled so now the only recourse would be to re-flash the BIOS to a version with CSM enabled.

I hope gigabyte sees this issue and resolves this as the forums are filled with gigabyte mobos having no display after Secure Boot is enabled.

Oct 28, 2021
Specs:

some context

I do know Windows 11 requires a GPT vs. MBR drive. (You can convert it if you have MBR) Your issue may have to do with the key settings for the cyclic reboot. That being said to reset your BIOS to default and re-enable CSM with UEFI to get it to boot you should be able to do so by holding your power and reset button down together for several seconds to reset it or to get to a backup BIOS. Had the same problem and that worked, but I have a slightly different Gigabyte model. Good luck!