Question Pc won't post after switching cases

cuartas

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013
So today I got an evga dg73 to use in replacement of an aero cool something mid atx case.
everything is plugged in but my it won't post, not even a beep.
all the 6 fans connected to an Asus fan controller are spinning, the cpu fan and the pci-e fans just spin for a brief moment (half a second) then they stop indefinitely.

When I switched I unplugged everything except for the cpu, cpu fan and RAM.
I made sure everything is correctly plugged in, the board shows the usual lights turned on (a white, blue, and pink led lights under the pci-e fan.

Only differences: I'm using 6 120mm case fans instead of 2 90mm and 1 120mm from the aero cool case, and the fan controller.
And that in this case I have 2 USB 3.0 front panel ports instead of 2 3.0 + 2 2.0 and can't use my DVD reader and don't have card reader.

My specs:
  • mb: Asus prime x570-p
  • cpu: AMD ryzen 7 3700x, with an arctic freezer 33 esport edition cooler
  • gpu: gtx 1060 6GB zotac mini
  • psu: Thermaltake smart 550w 80 plus bronze
  • ram: 2x8GB 3000Mhz CL 16 crucial ballistix sport

cuartas

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013
Small update: the cooler and pci-e are spinning again, the only thing I did differently was to reset the mb on the pins using a screwdriver, I did it before but this time it was for minutes.

Still no post though.
Big detail I forgot to mention: the case power and hard drive led's aren't lighting up at all when turning the pc on, and the power button won't turn the pc off if I let it pressed for more than 4 seconds, so I'm forced to power off the psu in order to turn of the pc, I made sure I have system panel connectors in the right place, like 18 times.

Thanks in advance if someone can help me out

cuartas

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013
Yes, I've tried with 1 in different slots.
I'm about to think the mb is the problem, I didn't notice the ethernet port is not lightning up, normally it tends to have a green light and now there's none

EDIT: Disregard that, I see the green light

Last edited: