[SOLVED] PC wont post with Ryzen 5000 even if i update BIOS (ASRock B550M-HDV)

Oct 14, 2021
Im building a new PC with a Ryzen 5 5600G and an ASRock B550M-HDV, and I know that i have to update the BIOS for it to work, i did it before with another PC and updated it to version 1.9 with a Ryzen 3 3100, that one worked perfectly.

But im doing it again with another newly built PC and i dont have access to that Ryzen again, i only have a ryzen 3 3200G, and i know its incompatible but i tried to post it with that one anyway, and to my surprise it did post with it and i updated it to 1.9 just like the other one, but my ryzen 5 5600G wont post the PC, even with the update.

I am suspecting that i need to update it with a ryzen with vermeer, renoir or mattise family CPU just like the asrock website says but its weird because the MOBO is already updated to version 1.9, so whats the deal?

Thank you for helping me out!

Solution
The 3200g is compatible on your motherboard. Bios are very touchy files. If it says you have to use Vermeer, Renoir, or Matisse to update to 1.9 then that is what you will have to do. Hopefully you haven't bricked the motherboard for the 5600g and it will let you reinstall the 1.9 with the proper cpu.
The 3200g is compatible on your motherboard. Bios are very touchy files. If it says you have to use Vermeer, Renoir, or Matisse to update to 1.9 then that is what you will have to do. Hopefully you haven't bricked the motherboard for the 5600g and it will let you reinstall the 1.9 with the proper cpu.

Solution
Oct 14, 2021

Yeah I dont think i bricked it yet.. I used the 3200G again and it still posts, well guess i'll have to buy one of those CPUs

contact amd, i know they had a program that they would send you a CPU to update bios and then you had to send it back.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100 at the bottom the have a short term cpu loan process

looking at the cpu support list the 3200g was only validated on P1.80 where the 5600g was validated on bios p1.70. You may have gotten a bad cpu, although rare it does happen. If you could find another board to swap the 5600g into to try i would.

Oct 14, 2021
Thanks for the replies! I appreciate it, I indeed ended up buying a Ryzen 5 3600X to update it, it even said on the BIOS: "update 1.20" it downgraded! Pretty weird, but anyways, I updated it again and it finally worked!

Reactions: Fix_that_Glitch