[SOLVED] PC won't turn on after installing GPU

Jan 15, 2021
So I bought a XFX 5600 XT THICC ll, and when I tried to install it my pc wont turn on at all, not even my fans would spin. But as soon as I pull it out a nd turn the pc on its all back to normal.

Solution
1) Your PSU could not be strong enough to handle the card so it just doesn't boot up, specially if works without the card it the PCIe slot and plugged in.

2) You install the 8-pin from the PSU to your GPU, correct and verified they were all plugged in correctly.

3) Your GPU is broken even though new (unfortunately we do at times receive DOA components)

4) Try turning off the PSU, unplugging it from the wall and hold the power button down on the case for 30 seconds. After doing that, plug everything back and try and start up the PC again.
Jan 15, 2021
What is your full system specs: MOBO, CPU, RAM, GPU (known), PSU and hard drives?

Did you go from on-board graphics to a new GPU?

Did you do a DDU in safe mode of the old drivers before installing the new GPU?

MOBO: B365 M AORUS
CPU: i5 - 9500
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (2x8)
PSU: 500W Bronze EVGA

Yeah I didn't have a graphics card before, I was reading the manual and it said to wait for the GPU to give signal before installing the drivers but It wont turn ON at all

tecmo34

Administrator
1) Your PSU could not be strong enough to handle the card so it just doesn't boot up, specially if works without the card it the PCIe slot and plugged in.

2) You install the 8-pin from the PSU to your GPU, correct and verified they were all plugged in correctly.

3) Your GPU is broken even though new (unfortunately we do at times receive DOA components)

4) Try turning off the PSU, unplugging it from the wall and hold the power button down on the case for 30 seconds. After doing that, plug everything back and try and start up the PC again.

Solution
Jan 15, 2021
1)I mean I think 500w was recommended for 5600 xt but might try upgrading

2)I did conect the 8 pin correctly

3)How do I truly check if a GPU is dead

4)I'll go ahead and do that

Jan 15, 2021
Did everything again, plugged it into the slot, made sure the pins are correctly in and still won't turn on, but i will try using my brothers 600w power supply

Jan 15, 2021
Update: It worked on my brothers pc so I assumed it's the PSU, but when I tried the PSU in my PC it did the same thing, might it be the MOBO? Is it incompatible?