Question Pc wont turn on after sleep

Mar 19, 2022
Hi. So i recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU, and everything worked perfectly until yesterday when i when to dinner, and when i came back i though the computer was in sleep mode, because there was light in the keyboard and mouse, but no fan spinning. So i turned it off with a long press on the power button and turned it back on, but there is still light in the keyboard aswell as the power button on the case.

So far i’ve tried:
  • The paper clip test on my PSU
  • disconnecting everything and putting it together again
  • switching the power cable
  • turning it off, then pressing the power button, and then turning it on again
  • switching the ram slot (i only have 1 ram with 16gb on it
I’ve read a couple of threads in here with similar issues but with no luck.
what can seem to cause the problem?
and can the motherboard really already be broken?
i’m thinking it’s the PSU, that has a shortage, but i don’t have an extra one

i could take it to the computer shop, but that would could at least 70 dollars, where i live (denmark)
so wouldnt it be smarter to just buy a new PSU, but if that isn’t the case, can i return it after?

• I5-12600k
  • 1080 mini
  • Asus strix b660-i gaming wifi
  • 16 gb ddr5 5200 mhz ram
  • CX650M

Mar 21, 2022
maybe you put too much heatsink compound on the cpu or not enough cpu compound on the cpu. did you use heatsink compound or liquid metal ? the heatsink could be loose that happened to me once the cpu was overheating and would turn on but not boot into anything and eventually turn off. just black screen fans would spin for a bit.

Jul 9, 2022
I got kind of the same problem but after a power outage, and incredibly the computer works just fine when I take it to the computer shop for some reason, when I come back home doesn't turn on at all only the lights in the MB.....I'm starting to think this house is haunted. I had the same issue 2 years ago replaced the MB, worked fine and then it happened again, I feel like Im in HAWKINS